Chapter 18

Fabiola's P.O.V. 

My god, Piers looks bad. 

I was staring, and listening closely, Piers didn't exactly tell me the details of what happened in Endonia, and I was curious. 

"The BSAA was in Endonia, and we were y'know, on a mission, this woman, Ada-" Piers was talking

"Carla" Ada had said cutting Piers off. 

"She said she was Ada, well, long story short, Chris got amnesia and ran away from the hospital, and six months later we found him, and we had to save Jake from the woman who said she was Ada, and looked like Ada, and sounded like her." Piers looked at Ada and she gave a sassy look. 

"What'd you do in the six months of looking for him?" Jessica asked. 

"Thats a different story." Piers said. "So we had to save Jake from Ada or Carla whatever, and he was in this underwater base thing where they were making the C-virus,  and when Carla I guess fell off a building and died, she dropped a sample of this virus, and later Chris and I got into some shit, and the only way that at least one of us could get out there was if one of us used the virus, and there was this thing, and it crushed my arm, so I was arlready useless, and....I had to use the syringe with the virus, and this happened to me." 

He pointed to his arm and I looked at his scars. I reached my arm out. "Lemme see your arm." I said. 

Matt looked at me. "That's not a good idea." 

I looked back at him. "I'll be okay." I muttered and looked back at Piers. 

"Matthew is right..... Melora, it's not a good idea." Piers said. 

I sighed. "Fine, I'm just trying to look." I said standing up and looking closely at the scars on his face. Leaning in to get a good look at his eye. "Blue..." I mumbled. "One shade too blue." I mumbled. I turned to his hand and slowly reached for it. He pulled back. 

I looked at him. "You need to learn how to calm down and control it." I said blantly. "Lemme see."

And he finally let me. 

Piers P.O.V. 

How can she be so calm? This girl is just okay with it. Her eyes show a different story though.

She stared into my eyes, with the same look in her eye as when I first saw her. 

With Darius by her feet, he had fallen on the floor, Diane was by my side and she was helping me shoot. I got a good look at Fabiola's reaction when I killed the zombie that grabbed her. Relief, safety, she would live to see another day. But Fabiola had a looked of utter worry and fright. 

Why did she have the same look here? Fright and worry?

Darius hurt his ankle, and the rest of her group was ahead of her. When we were in the clear, Fabiola talked to me and was happy in her eyes. She was alive and bright.