Chapter 3

Chapter 3  Claire Redfield’s P.O.V.

June 30th, 2013.

“Y-yeah. I am.” I said to Piers. I was shocked that he could still talk, his entire right arm was…….a mutation, and the right side of his face looked terrible……. I’ve never seen anything like it. It was shocking, and I was still shocked that Jake was here too. Chris told me that he was Albert Wesker’s son, and Sherry told me that she actually has a crush on him. I just hope that this day doesn't get any crazier.

“How……..is he doing?” Piers asked me.

“He’s in West Africa right now. He’s doing good.” I said.

Jake looked at me. “Sherry is there too.” He said.

“Sherry? Birkin? How’s she doing?” I asked Jake.

“Yeah, Birkin....... She’s doing fine.” Jake said. Then Rebecca came with the truck.

“Jake, you  can sit in front with Rebecca, just set Piers in there.” I said as Rebecca opened the back.

Jake and I helped Piers in the truck and I sat in front of him. Then Rebecca drove to TerraSave.

“Um…….Piers, how did…...you….. make it out?” I wasn’t sure how to ask how he got out.

He thought for a moment. “I can't......uh......really remember.....the place exploded…...but I was swimming……… I can’t…….I can’t remember.” He said with a few grunts of pain.

Jake was listening. “Maybe you passed out and washed up on the shore here.”

“Yeah, that sounds like that could’ve happened.” Rebecca said agreeing with Jake.

Piers looked at me. “Yeah…..probably" He paused for a moment. "... It's Claire right?.................. Chris really cares for you …….he told me about you.”

“I care for him too, I always worry about him.” I said to Piers.

“Did…..he stay working?” He asked.

“Yeah, of course.” I said, then gasped softly and started looking for my phone.

“What’s wrong?” Jake asked me.

“I’m looking for my phone, I should call Chris.” I said.

“Don’t. They’re on a mission, he probably doesn’t even have his phone.” Jake said.

“We’re here anyways, so call him later.” Rebecca said parking the truck.

Piers stood up on his own, so I just opened up the truck doors for him, and helped him down. He looked around uncomfortably. Rebecca ran to the buildling's front door and held it for the rest of us. Piers was walking oddly, and trying not to touch his side.

"Need someone to lean on?" I asked him, offering him a shoulder.

"Thanks...." He said, and I helped him get to the door. Jake was walking behind us. 

"Rebecca," I said. "Get a room for him." 

Rebecca nodded and went ahead of us, searching for a room. I glanced at Piers who was looking at the other people who work here. People were staring at him, and it seemed like there were sparks of electricity coming around his arm. He looked down at the floor, he's probably thinking that people are looking at him like a monster. It's true, people were gawking at him like a freak. 

"Alright!" Jake yelled at everyone, and pity for Piers grew larger for me. "We're just trying to save this man, nothing to stare at." 

Piers still wouldn't look up. But he finally did when Rebecca came back to us.