The Pride

It was finally the night of the competition, and I was fully ready to rock this place. I was back stage with multiple people, including Kirschtein, who was gloating about how great he was.

"You might as well just leave Jaëger, you stand no chance against me and my beautiful voice" Jean says coming up to me.

"You wish Kirstein, I'm going to show this place that the "outcast" is more dominant than the leader" I say, my confidence overflowing.

"Let's see that confidence deflate when you step on stage after hearing me" Jean gloats.

(Time Skip)

Jean goes up and prepares himself, gloating into the microphone how they'll be amazed by his ability and how he's pretty much world class.

The music starts and I'm already embarrassed for the bastard.

I can't believe he seriously gloated how good his singing was, then sings this song. This is definitely going to be used against him.

The song finishes after much laughter from backstage. Not only was the song embarrassing, he hit a higher pitch no man is supposed to do.

He stands there with his arms outstretched at his sides like they're going to throw flowers. Then just like in the cartoons, someone threw a tomato at him, hit him in his deformed horse looking face, and exploded.

The entire backstage was dying with laughter as was the crowd. I even let out a low laugh.

He walked off the stage looking super pissed and stormed past everyone and out the back door outside. I didn't feel bad at all.

Finally after a lot more contestants, some had pretty good performances I have to say, it was finally my turn to turn this place upside down after I blast them on their feet.

I walk on that stage with pride and courage, because I am no longer an outcast, I am no longer a sheep in the herd of loners. I have been welcomed into The Pride, the Pride of people who are normal.

And I will show that I am part of that Pride and deserve a place in that Pride, I deserve a place in this world, I am no longer the man I was before.

I get up to the mic and before I start I start talking. "Before I start, I want to say some things. Most of you don't know me because I've been outcasted, I outcasted myself. I am Eren Jaëger. After struggling with myself for so long, thinking no one cared about me and I'm better off dead, until I met someone. At first we didn't see eye to eye, we weren't friends or anything. Then she realized the people she thought she knew weren't who they said they were. Me and her formed an understanding of each other and became close. I'm here because of her, I've found my voice because of her. This is because of her. Play it!" I shout to the operator.
(Play song)

"(Chorus)
Johnny Cash
and PBR
Jack Daniel's
Nascar
Facebook
MySpace
iPod
Bill Gates
Smith N Wesson
NRA
Firewater
Paleface
Dimebag
2Pac
Heavy metal
Hip Hop

I AM, What you fear most
I AM, What you need
I AM, What you made me
I AM THE AMERICAN DREAM

I'm not selling out, I'M BUYING IN

I will not be forgotten, this is my time to shine

I've got the scars to prove that, ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE