The Emotions

The day of the singing competition was finally here, after much waiting and practice. I'm pretty sure I've got this in the bag.

"Hey Jaëger. I heard you were going to be in the competition later tonight. Get ready to lose because my voice was gifted from the angles" Jean says behind me.

"It was? I can't count how many times I wanted to shoot myself hearing it" I reply to his cocky remark.

"Oh really? Maybe you should've just shot yourself anyway because it seems no one wants you here" Jean replies.

"It seems Mikasa would be awfully sad if I was wasn't there, wouldn't you agree Kirstein?" I said, making sure to put emphasis on Mikasa's name.

"You never mention that bitch's names around me. It was a mistake loving her" Jean says bitterly.

"It's actually not that hard to be a good boyfriend, you just can't seem to pay attention to their actual person instead of their ass" I explain.

"Whatever Jaëger. Just know that I'm going to win that competition by a landslide" Jean tells me again.

"Whatever you say Kirstein. Just don't sing too much, you'll start killing people" I slip in that one final insult before walking off.

After walking away I settle on a bench out in front of the school and I watch the leaves of the trees turning the different colors, some trees already bare nearing the middle of autumn.

I watch as the leaves fell from the trees from the gentle cool breeze and flutter to the ground slowly, collecting in piles on the ground.

I feel a shivering presence next to me on the bench, and I when I turn my head Mikasa is sitting next to me, shivering pretty hard.

Without words I unwrap the maroon scarf I have around my neck, and wrap it around her neck. Her shivering almost entirely stops, replaced by embarrassment and her cheeks turning red.

"Warm isn't it?" I ask as she nods. I suddenly feel my heart beat a little faster with the close proximity mixed with her flushed face.

'What is this I'm feeling? I've never felt this way about her or anyone in a long time, so why now?' I question myself.

Mikasa cuddles up closer to me and leans her head against my shoulder, closing her eyes. I stare at her and watch the calm rise and fall of her chest, feeling her warm breath against the side of my face.

She opens her eyes and looks me directly in the eyes. "Eren" she says softly. "Yes Mikasa?" I reply just as softly. "Over these past few days, I realized that I actually fell in love with you. The way you defended me, the way you were concerned before I started dating Jean, how you warned me about them. You've only tried to protect me, and I didn't listen. I'm sorry. But I realized that I have deeper feelings than friendship for you" Mikasa explains.

I'm sitting there in shock and surprise. No one has said this to me in so long I forgot the feeling of love. Then she reawakened it inside me, and I feel the same way about her.

I'm looking deep into her eyes for any sign of a lie, but there is none. Nothing in her eyes, no sudden tension in her face. It's the truth and nothing but the truth.

"Mikasa...I haven't felt this way in a long time, and when you came along, I finally felt it. A warmness in my chest when I'm around you, a heat in my face upon thinking about you, even now it's happening. So, to sum it up: I love you too Mikasa Ackerman" I tell her.

Her face seems to light up, and her eyes show the most sign of life I've seen from her.

We stare into each other's eyes for a few minutes before I realize I'm unconsciously closing the gap between our faces, I'm inching closer and closer, I feel her breath on my face, and the gap closes.

Our lips meet and it's like I was reborn. I'm feeling lost emotions of love and happiness, emotions which have been lost to me since my parents death and then a second time since Historia and Annie cheated on me.

We're moving our lips against each other and her lips are as soft and smooth as silk, I tilt my head to deepen the kiss and I move my tongue against her bottom lip. As she opens her mouth I slip my tongue in and our tongues battle for dominance, my tongue winning and I'm exploring every part of her mouth.

Through my mouth I can hear a soft muffled groan emitted from her mouth, hearing it slightly aroused me and I groaned as well.

After a few more seconds we separate for air and stare into each other's eyes, both of us blushing very heavily.

"I love you Eren Jaëger" she says. "I love you Mikasa Ackerman" I reply.