Chapter 35

Where Are You

It was lunchtime and HaeSoo wasn't able to concentrate ever since she texted Detective Kim. Her plan about finding the person behind the crime was beginning to form in her mind. She knew it would be hard and she was sure that if she asked Detective Kim for help, he would tell her to stop.

HaeSoo's mind was so hooked on finding the murderer that she hadn't noticed that she was walking straight to Jimin who was waving at her. Her head bumped into Jimin's chest making her snap out of her thoughts. She looked up to see Jimin revealing his eye smile to her. "What are you thinking about so much?" He asked.

HaeSoo's thoughts about the plan faded away as she stared at Jimin's head injury. Guilt began to fill her body feeling like it was her fault he was hurt. She knew that she had to stay away from him, to keep him safe. If the attacker hurt Jimin again, then HaeSoo wouldn't know what she would do. The thought of leaving Jimin made HaeSoo feel sad. She didn't want to leave him especially since she finally revealed her feelings for him.

HaeSoo's body acted on its own. Her arms were found wrapping themselves around Jimin's waist as her head slowly placed itself on his chest. She hugged him tightly yet comfortably while Jimin turned confused. He soon gave in and placed his arms around HaeSoo as well while also placing his chin on top of her head. "What's the special occasion?" Jimin asked feeling happy to have HaeSoo in his arms.

Jimin knew he wouldn't get an answer so he remained silent. He was enjoying the hug but he didn't understand why HaeSoo was suddenly acting affectionately. She was usually more reserved and would only reveal her feelings when she was comfortable. This hug was just so sudden and didn't make any sense to him, but he remained silent and enjoyed the moment.

If only he knew what he was slowly losing.

°°°

The school was finally over but something seemed unusual for Jimin. He walked over to his locker not really thinking too much about what happened at lunch with HaeSoo.

He continued on to open his locker. Once the locker opened, a small note had fallen out. Jimin picked it up in confusion and began to read what was written.

Note:

I'm sorry. I can't stand to see you
hurt anymore. I'm going to find him
and end this for all of us. Please keep your
distance for the time being. It's the only
way to protect you.

-From Nam HaeSoo

Jimin's eyes widened immediately knowing what the note was about. He quickly put the small piece of paper away and took his phone out of his pocket. He began to type many things with his thumbs while being extremely worried. The texts were sent to HaeSoo, but they were all clearly ignored.

Jimin gave up on the texting and decided to try calling instead. He was hoping for HaeSoo to at least answer although she wouldn't speak. He turned even more worried after many of his calls were ignored. The first person he could think to help him was Taehyung.

He gave up on calling HaeSoo and switched to calling Taehyung for help. Weirdly, he had immediately answered. "Taehyung! Do you know where HaeSoo is? She isn't answering calls and I'm afraid that she's putting herself in danger!" Jimin was speaking in a rush wanting to find out where HaeSoo was.

"J-Jimin..." Taehyung's deep voice was heard through the phone. "Taehyung?" Jimin called his name. "P-please, come over," Taehyung said sounding a bit afraid. "Hey, what's going on?" Jimin asked now feelings worried for Taehyung. "Please, j-just come." Were the last words spoken before the call ended.