Chapter 19

Memories

"It's been a while, Nam HaeSoo."

The voice spoke as HaeSoo just stared completely frozen. Past memories began to flow back as she stared at the boy standing in front of her.

"Hey, don't you remember me?" The guy spoke making a confused expression as he stared at HaeSoo. "It's me, Kim Taehyung." The guy pronounced his name making HaeSoo's heart skip a beat. She slowly backed away not knowing how to respond to Taehyung.

"I thought you would be happy to see me." Taehyung pouted while looking at HaeSoo. "The last time I saw you was when..." Taehyung hesitated in saying his words and rubbed the back of his neck. His box-shaped smile showed as a shy blush took over his cheeks. "The last time I saw you was when you confessed to me..." It was indeed true. Before HaeSoo lost everything, she had something. She had friends, a family, a voice and a person she really liked. That person was Kim Taehyung. She wished she could remember the day of her confession as the best day ever, but that all turned down once her parents were murdered on the same day.

Since that day, she hasn't seen any of her friends nor her old classmates. Just seeing Taehyung standing before her just made her heart ache. Not because she confessed, but because the confession happened on the same day she lost her parents.

"I...I-" Taehyung didn't know how to say what he was thinking, but he eventually spoke. "I heard about your parents..." Taehyung looked down and then averted his gaze to the side. "I'm sorry this happened." Was all that could come out of his mouth.

HaeSoo's couldn't help but just stare at Taehyung. She didn't know how to explain to him what's happened to her or where she's been this whole time. She just stood there while Taehyung hesitantly spoke. "But HaeSoo..." Taehyung's eyes landed directly onto HaeSoo's. "I never got to answer you." The boy's eyes didn't once leave HaeSoo's while he kept on talking. "HaeSoo, I-"

"HaeSoo!!" A familiar voice spoke the quiet girl's name as both the teenagers looked to find its owner. There came Jimin quickly running towards HaeSoo. The moment he arrived, Jimin's eyes landed on Taehyung asking himself who he was. He then turned to HaeSoo who seemed tensioned. "I thought something happened! I texted you so many times."

HaeSoo quickly snapped out of her thoughts and looked at her phone just to see many texts from Jimin. She began to bow many times trying to apologize to him. HaeSoo then realized she had left her journal in the classroom once she tried to respond to Jimin. She facepalmed herself for being forgetful and grabbed her phone instead to text Jimin although he was right in front of her.

______________________________
📶SK 🔊                 12:13 PM               87%🔋

Park Jimin
_____________

12:13 PM

I left my journal in class|_

________________________

Jimin's phone vibrated as he took it out just to see HaeSoo's text revealed on his screen. He chuckled and nodded to her. "Let's go get it then." Both Jimin and HaeSoo turned around to walk away, but a voice stopped them.

"Wait a minute." They both turned around after hearing Taehyung's deep voice. "HaeSoo, why aren't you speaking to me? And who is this? Why don't you look happy to see me?" Questions kept adding up as HaeSoo felt pressured.

"Do you know him?" Jimin asked as he looked at Taehyung and then back at HaeSoo. "And who are you?" Taehyung began to grow impatient as he glared at Jimin. Jimin, on the other hand, scoffed and glared back at Taehyung. "I'm Park Jimin. I'm an important person to HaeSoo." Jimin proudly spoke his words making HaeSoo look down in embarrassment knowing she didn't have her journal to just hit him with. She then took her phone and typed another text to Jimin.