Chapter 17

Imposter

"I'm sorry this happened." The detective and HaeSoo were standing in front of the coffee shop after the small incident. "It seems like the person managed to hack through my phone to find out where you were. In any case, it's quite obvious that this person is after you, so please be careful."

HaeSoo tried to write in her journal while standing up finding it hard with no platform to place her journal on. She struggled for a while before finally finishing and showing her journal to the detective.

Journal:

Could that man perhaps have something
to do with my parents?

-To Detective Kim

The detective carefully read the journal and then looked up to HaeSoo to simply show her a faded smile. "Let's not worry about that now. How about we go back in and just grab a cup of coffee?" HaeSoo hesitantly nodded before following the detective back into the store.

°°°

Time had passed and HaeSoo spent most of it with the detective. Getting to know the detective made HaeSoo understood what a visual person he is. He was a very funny person and he was quite caring for a man who easily turned impatient.

"Ah! SungWoo. It's good to see you again!" The maid who was here earlier kindly greeted the detective. "Would you like me to get something for you and..." The maid paused not knowing what to say for HaeSoo. "For you and your... daughter?" She hesitantly spoke.

The detective laughed and shook his head. "Does she seem like my daughter?" Detective Kim jokingly asked. HaeSoo looked down out of embarrassment having past memories all over again, this time about her father.

"Well, you both seem to get along really well. You seem like family." The maid spoke her kind words while HaeSoo felt her heart warm up. SungWoo did seem to have a fatherly figure, but that impatience of his would probably ruin it. "Well, I'm sorry to say that we aren't related. She's a client of mine."

The maid immediately bowed many times trying to say sorry for her mistake. "I apologize! I didn't know, I was just judging by what I saw." The maid kept on bowing while the detective tried to stop her. "I'm really sorry! Let me just get your usual. What would your client like?" The maid turned toward HaeSoo.

"Uh, she'll have a caramel macchiato." The Detective decided for her as the maid bowed and walked away. "Should we leave after this?" asked the detective as HaeSoo grabbed her journal and began to write.

Journal:

I texted a friend, so I might stay for a while.

-To Detective Kim

"I'm afraid you can't be left alone from now on. After what happened with that man who faked his identity, it's pretty obvious he might come back." HaeSoo nodded as she once again grabbed her journal ready to write. The moment her pen was found touching the blank page, a loud voice that had just entered the store made her flinch.

"HaeSoo!" The familiar voice calling her name made her turn around just to see Jimin standing there with worrisome filling his eyes. His gaze locked into HaeSoo's as they both stared at each other, one with distress while the other with confusion.