chapter eight; weird science

Start from the beginning

"What was that about?"

Torryn looked to Sierra who also watched Jack race out of the classroom in a confused manner.

In Torryn's opinion, the fact that both Sierra and Jack were obviously crushing on each other, yet neither would say anything was just sad. It was because of this that she silently made it her duty to get her two friends together before the end of the school year.

"No clue," Torryn answered while swinging her swirling cotton-candy colored backpack over her shoulder.

✸✸✸

The previous night after Smokescreen had run away with Torryn, the two spent hours talking about Smokescreen's life on Cybertron and how he had mentally only been away for a little more than a week. Torryn listened to his multiple stories and adventures of being on the Elite Guard and all the advice he had taken from Alpha Trion who was apparently like the "Dumbledore" of Cybertron.

Smokescreen was confused when Torryn made that comment and the teenager then promised she would show him the Harry Potter series at some point.

   Luckily, Smokescreen had turned off his commlink so the others were not able to get ahold of him and order him to return to the base. Although, when he dropped her off by her car at the school later that night he was complaining that he would probably be in a scrap-load of trouble when he got back.

Along with begging for her address which Torryn still did not give up (though she was able to set up her phone so that she could communicate with him along with the others on the team) that wrapped up their night together and Smokescreen reluctantly headed back to base where he knew a stern talking to and punishment was awaiting him.

Torryn was cut out of her thoughts by Miko bounding up to her the second she exited the school with an annoyed Jack by her side. He was still upset with her both for yesterdays incident as well as today.

"Guess who is giving you a ride to the base today?" Torryn furrowed her brows at Miko's words, Jack looking at the Japanese girl in bewilderment as well.

However, as soon as Torryn looked over to the bots in their alt mode she understood. Though Bumblebee, Bulkhead, and Arcee were in their usual spots, Smokescreen was nowhere to be found. Looking back toward Miko, Torryn quickly followed after her while Jack and Raf went to their respective guardians.

The second she was inside Bulkhead, sitting in the back next to Miko, the green mech greeted them.

"How was school today, you two?" Bulkhead questioned in a friendly manner, pulling from the curb in a more moderate fashion than Smokescreen had done with Torryn yesterday.

"Boring," Miko groaned. "But I'm skipping detention, so that's fun." She giggled, Bulkhead sighing in response.

"Miko," He said in a warning tone.

"Bulkhead," She mocked in the same tone.

Torryn rose her brows in response to their behavior together, it was almost as if Bulkhead was the big brother Miko never had. Clearing her throat, Torryn finally spoke up.

"Um, not that I have a problem with you driving me or anything, but where is Smokescreen?" Torryn tilted her head, Miko snickering as if she already knew the answer.