Chapter 1

It was terrible. Watching your home explode into millions if not billions of pieces right before your very eyes and knowing it was your plan that caused such destruction doesn't fit in well.

That's what Thor felt when he watched Surtur, the monster he told his brother to unleash upon Asgard to defeat his wicked sister, Goddess of Death, Hela, slam his giant sword into the core of his home, ultimately destroying it once and for all.

They had all fled using one of the Grandmaster's ships called the Statesman. It was a huge vessel capable of storing all of the families from Asgard. No one would be the same knowing that they had no home to go back to, but Thor had a plan for them. As the King of Asgard, he wouldn't let their race become homeless and quickly die off to extinction.

Yes, he was now the King of Asgard. Though it may seem confusing because Asgard was destroyed, Odin had taught Thor a valuable lesson. Asgard was not a place. It was the people.

Thor found himself staring out of the window into the large, vast space before him in his room he would be occupying throughout the journey to Earth. Thoughts were flooding through his head as he was overwhelmed by the recent events.

Slight footsteps could be heard entering the seemingly dark and quiet room, which caused Thor to turn around, spotting his brother standing at his doorway.

"Come in, Brother.." was all Thor had said to Loki, who had said nothing yet since he entered.

Both brothers found themselves standing next to each other and staring into the vastness of space together.

"Do you really think it's a good idea to go back to Earth?" Loki finally asked after a few moments.

Thor chuckled, turning his head to look at his brother, whose emerald green eyes were staring back at him. "Of course, the people of Earth love me. I'm very popular."

He heard his brother sigh in exasperation.

"Let me rephrase that. Do you really think it's a good idea to bring me back to Earth?"

The eldest brother didn't say anything for a few moments as both brothers looked back out of the window.  "Nope. But don't worry brother, I think everything will work out just fine."

They turned to each other once more, a smile forming on both brother's faces.

Their attention was soon turned back to the window when an extremely large shadow covered the room, and then the ship. Loki looked even more shocked and scared than Thor was, because he knew exactly who's ship that belonged to and why they came. Thor kept a straight face, but the shock and confusion in his blue eyes was clear.

"What. is. that?" Thor asked, taking a slight step back as the large ship, about 10 times, if not larger, the size of the Statesman, loomed over the now-small ship.

Loki spun to his brother just as the ship shook and went down, beginning to drift freely and powerlessly in space. He grabbed his brother's arms, a pleading look in his eyes. "Brother, listen to me. You must go help your people. You must! I know who's ship that is and this won't end well. He's here for me and me alone, so please.."

Thor was in confusion as his young brother pushed him toward the doorway. "But Loki-" He started, only for Loki to interrupt with a desperate, "PLEASE!"

Thor obliged, running through the halls and toward the desperate blood-curdling screams emitting from the room they were in only minutes before.

Loki stood motionless in Thor's room for who knows how long. He couldn't believe this was happening. Innocent people would die because of him.