Chapter 8: Harmony

A/N: For this chapter, we wrote an original song! It took us a long time to write, and we even created a tune/melody for it. So please vote for this chapter since we put a lot of effort to write the song! 

Alessi and Kalera played in sync while Caroline awkwardly sat by and hummed an off-tune melody.

Meanwhile, Alena ran around in the hallways, looking for someone to kill. She paused. She heard a beautiful melody playing from inside the room next to her. She peeked inside the classroom window, and saw Alessi, Caroline, and Kalera. She immediately turned back around, frowning, choosing not to go in. She caught herself humming along and began to tap her foot in her white converses. It soon turned into singing, and she stepped inside the room, eyes shining with joy.

Kalera looked up at her, tears in her eyes, and so did everyone else.

"PRACTICE TIME IS OVER!" Brittany yelled, flipping her hair again, entering the room.

"But it hasn't even been 15 min-"

"So, who goes first?" Brittany squealed.

Everyone ignored the fact that Alena just sang her way in, making Alena's smile fade away. Alena sat down and watched Kalera and Alessi trying to start a song, with doubt and worry in their faces.

The music started with Ode to Joy but became off the beat of Ode to Joy and began to go off-course. It turned into a different rhythm, an original tune, and lyrics went along with it.

"Working together, to get through this trip," Alena sang softly, noticing that Caroline wasn't singing, still looking the other way.

"Death ends a life, not a relationship," Alena turned around to face them. Caroline began to look up at Alena.

And the song continued.

"It takes more than one flint to make a fire," Alena stood up and started walking toward Caroline.

"Bringing each of us, higher and higher," Caroline sang quietly. Caroline's voice was surprisingly melodic, when she finally started to sing. Her voice wove into the tune, making it even more beautiful.

"Loved ones dying," Alena's smile faded, her eyes tearing up, "People crying."

"Harmony is key and key is harmony, we're like a puzzle; we break apart, But come together again," Alena and Caroline sang in harmony. Alessi and Kalera chimed in. "Harmony is key and key is harmony; we're like a puzzle; we break apart, But come together again."

They continued to sing.

"We're not going to die," Alessi sang proudly, "Without any scars."

"But to look at the light," Kalera added, and sang loudly, "Of a million stars,"

"Loved ones dying, people crying..."

Alena paused and looked at the others with her familiar, bright smile.

"Writing in a journal, my tears eternal," Alena started, smiling her brightest smile. "Rogue is what I became, hoping to beat this game."

"Death to a brother, who was wishing for his mother" Kalera started to sing along. "Leaving me delusional, his death was inexcusable." Alena shed tears of joy.

"I was all alone, hoping I was home, pain is all I've ever known; I was wishing for my friends, hoping it would end," Alessi sped her words, confusing the others, Alena started to laugh, and Alessi gave her a death stare.

Caroline looked up, hoping she didn't have to sing out loud in front of everyone.

"Come on," Alena whispered, poking her in the cheek.