X - 𝔰𝔦𝔯𝔦𝔲𝔰𝔩𝔶 𝔡𝔬𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔡

[ edited ]

"OH, AREN'T YOU ADORABLE!"

Lilura snuggled happily into the small corgi's fur. She was crouching behind a car, successfully leading the prey out into the open.

"Rudy!" The woman called. "Rudy. Come on! It's too hot to make me come looking for you."

She bent down to pick a toy dangerously close to Lilura and the corgi.

At that particular moment, Klaus swooped in silently, effectively scaring the woman.

Then slyly, he grinned, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah, my car hmm, my car ran out of gas a couple of miles back. I feel like I've been walking forever," Lilura prayed to god not to laugh at his incredibly overdone American accent. "And yours is the first house I saw, so I was just hoping I could use your phone?"

Lilura could imagine the lady's skeptism, "Don't you have a cell phone?"

"Battery died. Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer I just wanna use your phone."

Now the siren was giggling silently, and so was the little guy. He was hanging out in her arms joyfully, already familiar with her touch.

"Sure," The woman sighed.

"Soo, I can come in?"

Way to sound desperate, Nik.
Lilura snorted.

"No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you."

Lilura let go of the dog and waved farewell before promptly getting up and sighing dramatically. "I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting!"

She sneered, "I'm from Florida."

"Well, that explains it," Klaus shrugged before grabbing her by the throat and compelling her. "Now show us a little southern hospitality. Sweet pea."

Lilura lead the way and Klaus followed close behind with the woman struggling in his grasp.

"I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning," Another woman drawled while washing plates.

"Well, I know I would."

She turned around slowly and spotted her sobbing friend and two smirking immortals. "What's going on?"

"Please don't be alarmed," Klaus butted in smoothly, squeezing the nape of the woman's neck harder. "I was told Ray Sutton lives here."

The woman washing the plates paled."He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly."