The Baby Sitter

Tonight was supposed to be date night with your boyfriend Billy but your parents were heading out of town for their wedding anniversary which meant you were slugged with having to take care of your baby sister, she wasn't even one yet so of course they didn't trust her with anyone else but you which left the possibility of a babysitter off of the table.
To your relief they hadn't left for more than an hour before she had fallen asleep in your arms, she wasn't usually a hassle to take care of she rarely cried, she laughed a lot & slept a lot so it was easy enough to take care of her.
You were rocking her in your arms as you paced around the lounge room not wanting to risk waking her if you laid her down, the only time she did cry was when she was woken up. A knock on the door had you stop in your foot steps & your eyes widen with fear as you slowly looked down at the baby in your arms, she didn't even stir so you decided to go & see who it was.
When you opened the door you were struck with the beautiful image of your boyfriend leaning against the door frame with one arm smiling down at you "Hey gorgeous." He said drinking in the sight of you with a baby, he would never admit it but that sight both scared the shit out of him & excited him all at once.
"Billy?" You asked confused, still rocking the baby "what're you doing here?" You stepped aside for him to come in & he did.
"Did you not want me to come around?" He asked, a look of hurt passed his features.
You shook your head "m'no it's not that, I just didn't think babies were your thing." You said giving him a small smile as you walked down the hall & into the lounge room, you laid your sister down in her day bed & turned to Billy who was watching you closely with a smile that held so much tenderness it surprised you "what?" You asked confused as he pulled you into a hug.
He shook his head "you just look really cute with a baby in your hands is all." He said with a shrug.
Your heart beat picked up as you imagined holding a baby of your own one that was also Billy's & shook it from your head Billy wasn't the dad type, he was barely the relationship type you'd only just managed to get that from him let alone a future with that much commitment.
You laughed at the picture & rolled your eyes "what?" Billy asked the smile he wore still hadn't faded off his features as he looked you over.
"I just imagined us with children & then realised that, that would never happen." You said laying back on the couch & laying your legs over his lap, he frowned as he laid his arm over your knees.
"Why not?" He asked, your eyes widened & your head snapped up from the shock of the question.
"I just didn't think you were the settle down type." You answered honestly, a look of hurt crossed his features but the conversation was interrupted when the baby started to cry Billy shot up instinctively & scooped her into his arms.
"Hey-" he said holding her up with a grin "What's the matter little darlin'?" He cooed up at her as he slowly brought he back down into his arms, he began to rock her as her cries faded into sniffles. You watched the scene as it unfolded & your heart melted, he was never that tender with anyone.
You'd never seen him like this, he was making funny faces at her & she giggled  as he tickled her tummy softly.
You never understood the saying 'looking through rose coloured glasses' until right now watching what was happening, you could swear the room was pink & your heart was about to burst.
"I want a boy by the way." He said looking at you over his shoulder.
You shook the images of a future with Billy from your head as you cleared you throat "what was that?" You asked not registering what he said.
"I said I want a boy-" he turned to face you "if I was to ever have kids I think I'd like a boy, a girl would be great to but-"
You nodded with understanding "you could do all the things with him that you couldn't with your dad." You said.
Billy nodded as he sat down on the couch beside you, you watched his every movement as he did with you earlier & realised Billy wanted to settle down eventually.
He nodded as if he had read your mind "with you, preferably." He said looking at you over his impossibily thick eyelashes.
You gazed into his blue eyes & nodded robotically "I'd like that." You said with a small smile, turning to your little sister as her chubby little hands reached out for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------
(AW WHOLESOME BILLY, THIS ONE WAS REQUESTED BY WriterNumberTwo, I HOPED YOU LIKED IT, AS ALWAYS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THOUGHT I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU ALL!
P.S. SORRY IT'S SO SHORT & THAT I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A BIT, TODAY IS MY 21ST BIRTHDAY & I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING SORTED FOR THE PARTY!)