Chapter Eight.

The perfect dress, the perfect night, right?

You couldn't be any more wrong.

The dance was going really good, I had compliments from people and I even danced with friends. Until I received the frantic phone call from Lisa. The phone call that reinforced my fears of the supernatural returning again. To steal more of my remaining family.

Djinn.

That's what I was told when I arrived home as soon as I could from the dance. I was greeted by Dean, looking slightly worse for wear, and Sam who wore barely any emotions for a hell escapee. Then there was Samuel, Sam and Dean's grandfather and a few cousins, all hunters.

That's what I was told by Dean anyways, after they'd all left and killed the djinn, you know me. Always being left out of the interesting parts of life because I wasn't raised a hunter.

"So is Sammy back?" I ask Dean quietly.

"I don't know Belle. I really don't know." Dean says, sighing as if defeated.

"He's alive Dean, that's good right?" I say, attempting an optimistic view.

"Good that he's not in hell? Yeah, but where's he been for the past year. Why didn't he try to contact us?" Dean says, swirling the whiskey in the bottom of his glass.

This time it was my turn to reply with the 'I don't know'.

There's been a lot of I don't knows as maybes the past few days and Dean seems more distant than ever, I think it's the shock of knowing his brother is alive after thinking for a year that he was gone. The shock of finding out that Bobby knew Sam has been back for a year and he didn't even tell us.

I think that might be one of the reasons we're moving from Indiana to Michigan, Dean can't stand to be here when we're sitting targets. He can't be here knowing Sam's in a different state. So we pack up the house and move our lives to be with a brother we haven't seen in a year.

"Dean, he would've asked us to come if he wanted us too." I sigh.

"He's my brother, Belle, he's your brother. He doesn't know what he needs." Dean tells me.

We settle into the new house, everyone still on edge from the attack even though the djinn was gotten rid of.

A/N
Hey all, this is a short chapter, I'm reallyyyy sorry! I'm going to try and get a longer chapter up by the weekend but school work is putting so much pressure on me! I had autumn break/half term last week and I was overloaded with work to do so I haven't had a break since the beginning of summer.

Love beth xx