ch 13 || reassurance

your pov

We spent the whole day cleaning the house and our rooms while we were at it. We took turns doing our laundry so it took literally all day to clean. I was so busy I didn't get the chance to talk to Edwin which I was pretty relieved about.

I said goodnight to the boys who were about to disperse to their own activities. Brandon the workaholic was going to the garage studio, Nick went to spend the night with his girl, finally, Austin and Zion left for a party.

Edwin was supposed to go too but I guess he purposely didn't finish getting ready fast enough because when I got in bed and opened my laptop to watch youtube videos, I heard a soft knock on the door quickly followed by Edwin coming inside and closing the door behind him.

He kind of just stood there with his hands shoved inside the pockets of his sweatpants and stared at me trying to find a way to start this conversation.

I closed my laptop and adjusted my sitting position "whats up eggy?" I asked, knowing exactly what was up.

He just walked up to me, got on the bed, and laid his head on my lap. After a few seconds, he sighed. "I'm really sorry about last night. I had no idea what got into me... Just the thought of some other guy even thinking they can have you sucked." he said not making eyecontact, just staring at the wall.

I looked down at him not saying anything at first, trying to figure out how I wanted to respond. Trying to put into words to the thing that I've been trying to suppress all day. "E, it's not that you got jealous of some guy. It's not even that Zion found out. What hurts is that you thought that I'd do something to hurt you. With your bandmate. Your brother." I started playing with his hair, trying to distract myself from the hurt. I finally came to terms with my emotions. I wasn't angry at the situation. I was just disappointed. "I don't know. At that moment it felt like I almost lost you again. For the second time in such a short time. I don't know. It just feels a lot harder than it should be... Love shouldn't be this hard right?"

shit. I said it. I said the L word and I didn't even mean to. I don't even know if that's what I feel... I was just word vomiting again.

Edwin quickly sat up and stared at me blankly for a second. "Baby, I don't ever want you to think for a second I ever doubted you. Anything worth fighting for is never easy. If it's easy it's not worth fighting for."

I smiled softly at his reassurance. He suddenly pulled me into a hug and continued talking "I don't think you understand how deep I'm falling for you. I would literally rather go blind before I ever watch you leave. No matter what you're my girl."

He pulled away and I leaned in and kissed him. He always knows what to say to make me feel like the most important girl in the world.

I laughed softly breaking the short moment of silence. "You know, that was pretty good. You should turn that into a song."

He smiled that cheeky smile of his that makes me melt. "You know what, I just might mami."