ch five || dinner

your pov

"So, tell us more about yourself y/n. I feel like you've been here for 3 days and you haven't told us anything" Austin said at the dinner table. Nick made chicken alfredo and garlic bread for dinner. 

I swallowed the food I was chewing "umm... hmm... When people ask me that, I always forget everything about myself" I said laughing softly. The boys laughed too.

"yoooo forreal it really be like that" Zion said with his mouth full of pasta which made me laugh again. 

We continued talking and I actually did tell them some stuff, like my birthday, where I'm from, I didn't really go into why I moved here. The mood in the room was light, and I didn't want to dampen the mood with my problems at home. The boys never really asked. A month ago when he was asking the boys if I could move in, Nick told them there was a lot of shit going on at home that I needed to get away from. They respected that and didn't question it.

I noticed Edwin wasn't really talking, I feel like he's been sort of avoiding me since I've been here. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it. When Nick talked about the boys he always described Edwin to be the loudest and funniest one in the room, but the reality of him didn't match the description, at least not around me.

We finished dinner and ate ice cream in the living room. The boys were talking about future projects, like the album they were finally going to release. I went to the kitchen to wash the dishes after everyone was done. I told the boys I'll be their personal assistant. It was the least I could do since I'm basically staying here for free. Which I didn't mind. It gave me things to do other than lay around all day.

All the boys went to their rooms to do their thing. All of a sudden Edwin came in the kitchen. "Oh, sorry." is all he said before turning around to leave. "wait," I quickly said, getting his attention. He stopped in his tracks and turned around facing me. "yeah?" He said simply, not in a rude way.

I turned off the faucet and faced him. I started to do that thing I do when I get anxious and talk fast "do you like... hate me or something? I don't know I feel like you avoid me and I could be wrong but if I'm not I can try to find a place to move out to. I don't want to make you feel uncomf-" 

"I don't hate you, calm down," he said cutting me off kindly. He started to chuckle to himself. He walked up to me. "I do try to avoid you, but it's not like that." He stopped and scratched the back of his head. I shot a confused look to him.

"I just think you're pretty and sweet, and funny, and I just don't wanna like you or anything and cause problems with Nick. He's protective over you and he kinda scares me." He continued laughing to himself again.

I sigh and smiled at him. Why is he so sweet. "You don't have to be scared of him. I make my own decisions." I crossed my arms. "And who's to say I can't give a fellow cute, sweet, and funny person a shot." He smiled at me but then shook his head.

"Well, he doesn't make decisions for you, but he was very clear we weren't allowed anywhere near you." He replied. I stood there and thought for a second.

After a few seconds of silence, I smiled a mischevious smile. "Who said he ever has to find out?"