ch eight || distant

(your pov)

It's been a week since Austin walked in on us and since then I've been distancing myself from Edwin. I can tell that he picked up on it. He keeps trying to steal away moments and I always walk away. I don't answer every text or late night call. Obviously, we see each other every day but it hasn't been the same.

I guess Austin picked up on it and came up to me after the boys came home from dance practice. I was in the living room on my laptop when he plopped down on the couch next to me. All the other boys went straight to the kitchen and Edwin went to his room. 

"heyyyy y/n" he said poking my arm. I looked over to him and gave him a small smile "Helloooo Porter." 

He scratched the back of his head "Edwin was really upset today at practice. I noticed you've been kind of avoiding everyone... You know I wouldn't tell anyone, not even Zion..." I sigh and looked back at my laptop. "yeah... it's not just that... it just freaked me out how easily we could get caught. I don't know."

Austin sighed "Why don't you talk to E about it instead of avoiding the whole problem altogether." I looked back over at him "and how am I supposed to do that with Mr. Overprotective over there." I said annoyed. 

A grin grew on Austin's face. He rubbed his hands together "you honestly think I can't distract that fool? I got this. Just go to E's room and talk to him. I'll take care of the rest." I laughed softly and nodded. He jumped up from the couch and walked over to the kitchen, giving me a signal to go to the room.

I walked over to his room and knocked on the door.

Edwin's pov

I hopped out of the shower and put on some sweat pants. I plopped on my bed and went to text y/n but realized it was going to be a waste of time since she's been ignoring me. Right, when I was going to get comfortable to take a nap I heard a knock on my door and rolled my eyes. I go over and swung the door open

"Austin I don't feel like ta-" I stopped when saw that it was y/n.

"hurry up and let me in before Nick sees" she whisper-yelled while pushing me to the side. I closed the door when she was fully in and gave her a blank stare.