6.

After we finished dinner, Mena asked if I wanted to watch a movie.

"Sure!" I exclaimed. He led me over to his living room and motioned for me to sit on the couch.

"What movie?" I asked, getting comfortable in my spot.

"Aladdin?" He smiled and laughed a bit. I love the original. It's my favorite Disney movie.

"Fitting." I shrugged and giggled at him. He put the movie in and took a spot next to me.

"Would you like a blanket?" He asked after realizing that with the A.C. and fan blowing, I may be cold.

"That'd be great." I smiled. He got up again and went to a basket on the other side of the room near the television and grabbed a fuzzy white blanket then plopped down next to me.

I found myself mouthing the lyrics to the songs and felt a pair of eyes on me.

"What, Meens?" I asked, looking over at him.

"Oh, so we're on a nickname basis now? Well, princess, I find it quite amusing that you know all of the lyrics." He smiled at me.

"What? It's my favorite Disney movie! And don't call me princess, dork." I lightly slapped his shoulder. He grabbed my hand as I slapped him and brought it up to his lips giving my knuckles a kiss.

"As you wish, princess." I retracted my hand and looked back to the television, blushing profusely.

Halfway through the movie, my phone started buzzing. A phone call from Rena.

"Hey, could you pause it really quick?" I asked Mena.

"Yah, of course." He grabbed the remote and paused the movie. I pressed the green 'accept' button on my phone and held it up to my ear.

"Hey. What's up?" I asked quickly, trying to get back to the movie with Mena.

"El, you need to come home. Josh is here." I heard knocking on the other end of the phone.

"He keeps knocking but I haven't let him in. What should I do?" She continued.

"Stay there. Don't open the door, I'll be home in a few." I looked at Mena with a sad face and sent back a confused look. I hung up the phone and criss-crossed my legs on the couch.

"I have to get going, it's sort of urgent." I said sighing and taking the blanket off of me, standing up.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked, grabbing his keys. We walked towards the door, he unlocked it and opened it for me to walk out.

"No, it's just an old friend that I'm not too fond of." I got to his car and into the passenger's side seat. He didn't push any further as we drove off to my house.

Only five minutes later, we arrived at my house to see Josh banging on my front door.

"I know you're here, Elodie! Open the door!" I swung my car door open and slammed it shut, rushing over to him.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stay the hell away from me?" I yelled, grabbing his shoulder.

"Where have you been?" He said angrily, out of breath.

"None of your business." I said, looking over to see Mena getting out of his car. Josh followed my eyes.

"Oh, so you've been out with another guy!" He threw his hands up in the air.

"Mena, get back in the car and go home." I felt defeated. I thought I got rid of Josh long ago but he always finds a way back into my life. A tear rolled down my cheek.

"Please." I begged Mena. Josh is a very violent person. He would hit Mena in a heartbeat and I DID NOT want that to happen.

"Will you be okay? I just want to know you'll be okay." He said calmly but quickly. Josh huffed.

"She asked you to leave, buddy. I would leave." Josh said, starting to walk towards Mena.

"Mena, just go!" I yelled, full on sobbing now. He gave me a sad, broken look and got into his car, driving off.

"What do you want, Josh?" I sighed, finally looking at him.

"I want to know why you've been ignoring me." He questioned. I sat down on the chair on my porch and he followed, sitting on the chair opposite to me.

"Because we aren't together anymore. You hurt me, Josh. Not just mentally, but physically too. That's not okay. I can't be with someone who will put his hands me." I said between hiccups, trying to remain calm.

"I'm different now, baby. I've been going to therapy, talking it out, even taking boxing classes to get my anger out. You know it was never directed at you. It was all just pent up anger from work or friends. Never you." He went on.

"You are my light. You keep me sane. I need you, El. I really, really need you." I looked into his eyes. I saw sadness and regret.

"Please say you'll give me another chance? Just one more chance. That's all I need to prove how much I love you." I placed my face in my hands and sighed once more before voicing my decision.

"Fine. One more chance. But you fuck it up, and I'm gone, Josh." He looked up at me and I took my hands away from my face.

"For good." I finished.

Josh left and I went to bed feeling content. As much as Josh brought hell into my life, he was all I had left of home. We moved here together when we were eighteen and he was the only person I talked to other than Rena for the longest time. That was until Mena. He's so sweet and charming. I think we'll become close. It's only been a day, but I can feel it. I felt my phone vibrate next to me. I rolled over and grabbed it, taking it off the charger. It was Mena calling me. I decided to ignore it. I'm way too embarassed to talk to him right now. I can't believe I gave into Josh again. Mena will probably think I'm weak. Who am I kidding...I am. I plugged my phone back in to my charger and rolled back over, going to sleep.

____________________________________________

Hey guys! I'm so sorry it's been almost a week. But here's the sixth chapter. Hope you enjoyed! Please make sure to take a quick second to vote and comment! I would really appreciate it.

Love, Kenzie

My other socials:

Instagram: kenzielisowski

Twitter: kenziesafter