1.

"Elodie!" I hear my best friend yelling for me from the kitchen.
"Yeah. Yup. I'm up." I groan into my pillow, rolling over onto my back and taking a deep breathe. Today is the day. My first real 'big girl' job. I've been lucky enough to snatch up a really good gig. Makeup artist for the live action Aladdin.

"Elodie!" Rena shouts my name again.
"Yes! I'm up! Jeez." I yell back to her. Thinking she was still in the kitchen, you can imagine my surprise when she comes bursting through the door and into my room. She's standing there in a red skirt and black crop top, paired with chunky black heels.
"You do realize that you have to be to work in thirty minutes, right?"
"Fuck!" I shoot out of my bed, running towards my bathroom.
"Thanks Re!" I close the door and look at myself in the mirror. My shoulder length brown hair is in knots and my pale skin looks even paler than when I went to bed. My hazel eyes droopy and lazy.

Quickly I brushed my teeth, combed my hair, and washed my face. Next, I put on some concealer, mascara, eyebrow gel, and highlight to brighten my face a little more. I added my favorite glittery pink lip gloss and rushed out of the bathroom to get dressed. Once I reached my room, I sighed.
'What the hell am I supposed to wear to a job like this?' I thought to myself. We'll go with cute yet comfortable. I grabbed my black 'Treat People with Kindness' sweatshirt, black leggings, and my multicolored falcon adidas shoes and changed quickly. Grabbing my keys, I headed out towards the door.
"Wait!" I heard Rena shout. I turned around on my heels and gave her an impatient look.
"Yes, Re?" I said, twirling my keys in between my fingers.
"You forgot to give me a hug." She pouted.

Here's the thing about Rena; she is very positive and very...what's the word? Clingy? It's not a bad thing! Well, not most times. But, in times like this when i'm late, it can get quite annoying.
"Yah, yah. Come here, loser." I said with a goofy smile on my face.
I pulled her in and she giggled.
"Alright, I'll see you later. Love you!" I called out as I was walking out the door.
I jumped in my red Ford Focus and connected my phone to the bluetooth, listening to music to get myself pumped up for the day.

After about 15 minutes, I pulled up to the lot and a security guard asked for my name as I rolled down my window.
"Elodie. Jones. Elodie Jones." I rambled quickly.
"Right, you'll just pull up and to the right. Park in one of those spots and your trailer will be straight ahead." He said pointing at a few empty spots for me to park. I smiled and nodded, thanking him and rolling up my window. After parking, I opened my trunk and stared at all of my makeup that I had packed away the night before. I heard a car park next to me but remained focused on all of my bags. Trying to get my biggest bag, I struggled and heard someone walk up behind me.

"Need some help?" I heard a deep yet kind voice ask.
"That'd be great, actually." I turned around and was met with a pair of soft brown eyes. I couldn't help but stare, he was so attractive. I was entranced. His bright smile showed off a dimple on his left cheek. His curly brown hair complimented his tanned skin. He walked closer to me and grabbed a hold of my black makeup bag.
"So, what's your name?" He asked as he pulled the bag out of my trunk.
"E-Elodie." I stammered.
"Gorgeous name. Well, Elodie," giving my name a try, "lead the way." He smiled.
"I honestly have no idea where i'm going. The guy said my trailer would be straight ahead? I don't know." I laughed, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I pulled my smaller bag containing my makeup brushes and closed the trunk.
"Well let's go find it." He smiled that gorgeous smile at me.

We walked in silence for what felt like forever but was really only two minutes at most until we reached a trailer that had my name on it.
"Elodie Jones. Makeup Supervisor." He read. I smiled and opened the door. The trailer was nice. It felt really comfortable. It had three vanities with lights on each of them in the middle, a couch to the left, and a couch to the right with windows on both sides above the couches.
"You can just set that right over there." I said, pointing at the couch to our left.
He lugged the bag over and placed it down on the brown material. Turning around, he rubbed his hands together and smiled,
"Well, I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot of you, Miss Jones."
"Is that right...?" Almost asking for his name.
"Mena! Gosh, sorry. I'm Mena Massoud." I froze. I'm standing in front of him. The star of the movie. Who wouldn't freeze? I mean it's fucking Aladdin! I tried to keep my cool.
"Ah so I finally meet the star. Well thank you for your help Mr. Massoud, I think I should be setting up now." He chuckled. I smiled. His smile was contagious.
"Yah, sure. No problem." He started for the door.
"Oh, Elodie! By the way..." He turned to look at me.
"Yah?" I questioned, a bit confused as to what he was going to say.

"I can't wait to work with you."

___________________________________

That's the first chapter! Ahhh! I hope you guys love it. I'll be updating as often as possible. I'll probably add Text chapters and Instagram chapters as well, just to get things going. Please make sure to leave feedback. Follow my socials too!

Instagram: kenzielisowski
Twitter: kenziesafter

Love you all!
Kenzie