2.

After about thirty minutes of setting everything up in my trailer, I decided it'd be a good idea to go outside and look around. Just as I was about to head out, I heard a knock on the door.
"Come in!" I called out to whoever was behind the door. In walked a sweet looking lady about my age. She had long blonde hair and beautiful big eyes. She looked like a model and I felt myself getting self conscious.
"Hi! I'm Natalie Brooke. I'm your assistant. I just wanted to bring you your schedule and introduce myself." Assistant? I never heard anything about an assistant. How nice.
"Perfect," I said gently grabbing the paper from her hand, "thanks Natalie! I'm Elodie. I honestly had no idea I would have an assistant but I'm great full to have you!" I smiled at her.
"Do you need anything? A coffee maybe? It's early." She giggled. I sighed out of relief.
"A coffee'd be great." I grinned.
"Starbucks okay?"
"Perfect. An iced coconut milk vanilla latte would be amazing." I said.
"You got it. I'll be back in 20." She walked out. I sat down on the couch and looked at my schedule.

Elodie Jones.
7am arrival
8am - cast and crew meeting in back tent
8:30am - Naomi's makeup
9:30am - Mena's makeup
Rest of day - extra's makeup

I looked at my phone and saw that it was 7:35 so I decided to take a look around and start heading towards the back tent. I like to be early. I walked out of my trailer and looked around at my surroundings. There were at least twenty other trailers and a large tent behind all of them. I started for the back tent and I got a phone call.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Hey babe. Listen, I wanted to apologize for last night. I shouldn't have grabbed you like that or talked to you like that and I'm sorry." His charming voice said.
"Jack, you left a bruise and called me a bitch. Now's not really a good time to talk about this. I'm at work, it's my first day, it's all just too much at once." I ran my fingers through my hair, nervously.
I didn't realize I was looking down at the ground until I heard footsteps and I looked up.

'You okay?' Mena mouthed to me. I smiled and gave him a thumbs up.
"I really have to go. I'll talk to you later, Jack." I said still trying to keep a smile for Mena.
"Okay. I love you. Don't forget it." He said from the other end of the phone.
"Yup. Love you." My cheeks became flushed. I press the end button and look at Mena.

"Sorry about that." I said, hoping that would be the end of the topic.
"It's okay." He smiled at me, shaking his head. We walked towards the back tent and after a few silent seconds I heard him speak up again,
"So...Jack?"
"Boyfriend. Going on two years." I said with a sigh.
"You don't seem very pleased about it." He said matteroffactly.
"He can just be a bit too much at times. It's okay, though. We love each other and that's all that really matters." I keep telling myself that. But is that really all that matters?

Last night, Jack and I were at a local club. I saw an old friend who just so happened to be a guy and long story short; Jack grabbed my arm a little too tight, leaving a bruise, called me a bitch and then left me to get a Lyft by myself.

"Yah. That's all that matters." I repeated. After a bit of silence, just as we were about to enter the tent Mena spoke up.
"Could I have your number? Not in that sort of way, just as a friend wanting to talk to a friend." He rambled, trying to get it out quickly.
"Yah, of course!" I smiled right back at him. I pulled my phone out of the pocket of my hoodie, unlocked it, and went to my contacts, handing him my phone as he handed me his. He put his information in and I put mine in.

'Elodie💋- xxx-xxx-xxxx' Was the kiss too much? I just thought ya know, since i'm a makeup artist and all. Eh, I'll keep it. I handed his phone back to him and he handed me mine. I looked at the name.
'Meens- xxx-xxx-xxxx'
"Meens?" I questioned.

"Only special people get to call me that." He smirked and walked off into the tent.

___________________________________

happy chapter 2! hope y'all enjoyed. it'll pick up soon! promise. for now, you can follow me on my other socials:)

insta: kenzielisowski
twitter: kenziesafter