1

instagram: @ linafics

your pov;
your parents have prepared you for this night for such a long time. the expensive dress your mother gave you was laying on the bed, waiting for you to wear it.

it was a very important night for your parents and you, the night that will decide your future.

and you hated it, the fact that you can do nothing but accept however this night will turn out.

your parents are influential business people, and their daughter must be at the same level as they are, so it was a shame if you didn't do what they wanted.

you couldn't protest nor act how you wanted, because in the end, you'll be the one who gets hurt.

this night was supposed to show if you're gonna get home alone or with a man standing beside you — your future husband.

your parents didn't care about your will, neither did they care about your personal life, they didn't even think twice about the consequences of you being chosen by a man this night.

how can your own parents be so heartless, so careless about their daughter's happiness?

daughter? they saw you as a possibility of earning more money or a way of lessening the debts they had. nothing more — nothing less.

but you were used to it and you have already accepted the fact that tonight you will lose the most precious thing a woman can have.

you will lose your dignity.

the one who'll buy you and your body, will take away the last drops of hope left in your heart, and just thinking about it made your knees weak. how will you survive after tonight?

you were putting the last touches of your light makeup when your mother came in, a smirk of victory plastered on her face.

"y/n are you ready?" she asked, her figure standing behind your chair and her fingers finding their way up your neck, her eyes already imagining how the prize of the night will look on you.

you looked at her reflection in the mirror, and couldn't help but give her the most painful yet disgusted glare you could ever let out. you were disgusted by how fake she could act in front of you.

"get out. i'll come downstairs in a few minutes."
"remember to be a good girl." she leaned in and whispered in your ear, making you slightly flinch at the closeness between you two.

"i hate you." you said through gritted teeth, a tear threatening to escape your eyes.

you were ready, the makeup was perfectly contouring your facial features, making them more accentuated, and the way the dress smoothly touched the ground made you look like it was personally tailored for you.

it was like a fairytale.
but will it end like one?

you stepped out of your room, your eyes meeting your dad's tall and somewhat scary figure.
"faster. we don't want to be late." he said shortly, taking you by your arm before he headed outside.

the three of you were already in the car, a dead silence taking over.
"dear, aren't you excited that soon you'll have a husband?" your mother asked, smiling slyly at you.

"no." you answered shortly, not wanting to have any sort of dialogue with her.
"well, you should, i assure you, it'll be a rich man who can afford anything you'd want." she spoke with so much excitement in her voice, making you think she actually believed she's doing the right thing.

"not everything can be bought with money, mom." you rolled your eyes, annoyed by how materialistic your mother was.
"you're still young." she laughed sarcastically, thinking that your age was the only excuse for your naive behavior.

after 20 minutes, you have arrived at the big palace surrounded by lots of expensive cars. the guests were slowly entering the place which was secured with hundreds of security guards.

after minutes of talking with their friends outside in the cold spring breeze, your family has finally entered the palace.

as you stepped in, all the eyes were on you. mostly men's eyes.

they were mesmerized by your look — wavy dark brown hair, a long breathtaking dress, with silver high heels.

you were getting uncomfortable from the glares you got, so you wanted to walk away but your father held your waist, whispering:
"not yet, y/n."

you tried to get away from his grip, but it wasn't possible because he held you tightly.

"that's enough darling." your mother said to your father and you felt him lessen the grip on your waist.

"i'm not going to run away dad." you said through gritted teeth, forcing a smile so people won't suspect anything.
"i hope so." he said with a serious tone, plastering a fake smile on his lips.

jungkook's pov;

it was the big day arria and i have waited for. i promised my girlfriend a magical gift for our 5 months anniversary, and the jewelry auction was the best place to go to.

i heard that l'incomparable is going to be auctioned there — the most expensive necklace.

and surely i wanted it for arria.

of course there's going to be a rough 'battle' for that necklace, but if i wanted it, i'll get it.

this is the first chapter guys i'm so excited for this since it's my first fanfiction i've ever written.
aaand english isn't my first language so please excuse my grammar mistakes 🥺