Back to Central City

You're Cisco's childhood friend, Y/N. At kindergarten you saved Cisco from a bully and after that you've been thick as thieves.

You were born in Central City and lived there until the age of 10. That's when your family moved to Starling City. You took it pretty hard, leaving your best friend behind and all.

But Star City wasn't that bad. You graduated high school and studied a couple of years at university. You also took classes in life drawing and crime writing.

In much need of a change of environment, you decide to visit Cisco. For a vacation, kinda! That's what you think you need anyway...

"Cisco!" you shout as you spot the dark, curly head in the crowd. "Over here!"

"Y/N?" He heard you but can't see you. "Where's my girl?"

You stop waving and make a scheme to jump him from behind. He cries out in a high-pitch voice and turns around.

"Are you trying to kill me?!"

"I would never!" you laugh and hug him tightly. "Just make you shriek like a nasgüI."

"You know I have a weak heart!" Cisco jokes as a really old lady walks by. She glares at him kinda like You have no idea. Both of you burst out laughing.

"I like your hair." you point out.

Cisco grins foolishly.

"It's always been like this."

You smile.

"That's why I like it! So what you've been up to lately?"

"Oh if we're gonna do this, we're gonna do this right!" Cisco grabs your suitcase and starts walking down the platform. "I know the perfect place to catch up..."

You fall in love with Jitters at first sight! The coffee shop feels modern, but still very cosy and alluring. You try the Flash-drink and Cisco has a regular coffee. After you fill him in on your life situation, he tells you that he's working at STAR Labs. You recognise the name connected to an explosion a couple of years ago.

"Aha, that was... Intense." Cisco says. "But we got the place up and running again."

"What is it you do there?"

He looks away from your gaze, smiling crookedly.

"Um, basically, I'm one of the tech guys." His eyes meet yours again. "I make the toys."

You nod.

"Well, you like toys!"

Something makes you think there's more to that story, but you don't want to press him.

"I'd love to get a job in the city." you start a new subject. "You know anything available?"

Cisco doesn't respond. He just stares into the distance.

"Cisco? Hey, Cisco!"

He snaps out of it.

"Huh?"

"A brownie for your thoughts." you try to cheer him up with a kind smile. "Unless you're thinking of Bulbasaur like you always do?"

Apparently, one of his colleagues - and good friend - is missing. You feel ashamed of your playful comment.

"I'm so sorry. And you have no idea where he is?"

"Yeah," Cisco sighed. "We have. But I can't say if he'll ever come back."