"You told him..." Caeli trailed off.

"Yeah, didn't keep his parentage secret, what would be the point of that?" Rafe asked, turning back to Cassius. "I said you can go to your parents." He repeated, the teen took a few steps forward. The trust was broken, Caeli could tell. After he took a few steps and nothing happened, Cassius continued to walk over to his parents.

Caeli didn't know what to say... what could she say to the son who was taken from her?

"I'm sorry," Caeli said quietly, once Cassius stopped in front of her, Sam came and stood next to her, a pillar of normality in the turbulent storm of chaos around them. "I'm so sorry..." She repeated, not wanting to move towards him in case she scared him.

"It's not your fault... Rafe's been telling me that for years, I believe him. It was the Order that took me from you, you didn't have a choice." The boy responded in the same tone as Caeli spoke. With the close distance between them Caeli could see that he wasn't lying, he truly believed what he was saying. His grey eyes held a clarity, a truth in them... this boy didn't lie, at least not often. Caeli was almost proud.

"The whole time you knew..." Sam trailed off, Cassius looked to his father, his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, Rafe said not to say anything... so I didn't." Cassius responded, seeming unable to hold eye contact with either of his parents.

"That was stupid on Rafe's part, breaking that bond..." Sam whispered, turning towards Caeli.

"Well, Rafe was always intelligent but he was never really smart," Caeli whispered back, smiling a little at her joke while Sam did the same.

"You can catch up on the way, now let's move," Rafe stated, and Caeli held onto Sam's hand, the first time she had done so in a while.

"We're going to be okay-"

"But Nate..."

Nathan is okay.

The voice returned, she looked at the ground and saw the shadow that had led her to the brother earlier that day. She nodded her thanks.

"He's okay," Caeli whispered, making sure she had Sam's eyes on her own. He furrowed his brow in confusion, but accepted her statement none-the-less, following Caeli's lead as she headed to the front of the small group and began the trek to New Devon.

***

Cassius barely spoke the entire way to New Devon, then again, neither did Caeli or Sam. They only spoke when spoken to, when asked questions, when figuring out which would be the best path to take, which destroyed mansions were worth looking in. Something was pulling her towards the mansion closest to Avery's, she walked towards it, feeling...

"Caeli!" Rafe shouted as she didn't even notice that she was at the door. It was Tew's mansion, she was sure of it.

"I need to go in here. I'm asking for five minutes to have a look-"

"Caeli, we don't have time for your bullshit right now," Rafe responded.

"If she feels that she has to go in there, Rafe, there's probably some very important information in there that could help us. Caeli's instincts are never wrong, you would know that." Sam argued, Rafe rolled his eyes and sighed, gesturing towards the door and nodding.

"Fine. Five minutes and then we move, if you're not back I'm sure you could guess as to what will happen." The mercenaries pointed their guns at Sam and Cassius as Rafe finished speaking, she nodded before breaking through the doors and beginning to run around, following where her gut was telling her to go.