VII

Liberty’s POV

“You are twenty-one or older, right?” Oliver asked. 

“Yes, I am, but why does that matter to you? It’s not like you followed any drinking laws,” Liberty responded. 

“I’m trying to be better,” he answered as he handed Liberty a drink. 

“We break enough laws already, might as well break a few more,” Roy said, smiling at Liberty.

Liberty smiled back, trying not to laugh. It had been two months since she ended up in the Arrowverse. She hadn’t tried to get back to her home universe, not really. There are a couple advantages to her home universe, yes, mostly because it was only 2014 in the Arrowverse, but the Arrowverse would catch up eventually in technology eventually, and even be far superior to her home universe. And nothing was keeping her there. Her family was horrible, and her professional life wasn’t much better. But here, in Starling City, she had friends who cared about her, a job worth keeping (thanks to Felicity for creating all the necessary documents Liberty would need to live in this universe), and a chance to help others, something she didn’t have back home.

“There’s a difference between breaking the law to help people and breaking the law to get drunk,” Felicity said. 

“Okay, that’s fair,” Roy conceded as he sat down next to Liberty. Team Arrow was in their base, after a long week of work, sharing a few drinks and relaxing from everything. Liberty had gotten fairly close to everyone over the past two months. That kind of happens easily in this line of work. She was closest to Roy. Roy was her favorite Arrowverse character, he was the first one she had met, and they were the closest in age. Not to mention the fact that he saved her life. 

“Alright, Oliver, what’s the special occasion?” Liberty asked as she leaned against Roy.

Oliver smiled a touch. “It’s nothing special. I just thought we all could use it after the past couple months we’ve had. Especially you, Roy.”

The past two months, the same guy who bombed Comic-Con had attacked at least once a week. Everytime, he was specifically attacking Roy. For some reason, this guy hated Roy and wanted revenge, which is what earned him his name. Revenge only seemed to care about killing Roy. Nothing else mattered to him. He kept kidnapping civilians, bombing buildings, and even went on a full out killing spree in the Glades. But no matter what, he always had some way to escape, usually involving some form of explosive. 

“Yeah, thanks, I need it. I definitely need it,” Roy responded.

Dig looked up from his phone. “Lyla just told me that A.R.G.U.S. might get involved with Revenge soon. Apparently there is a similar case back east, and they are worried it could get on a national level. Does that raise anyone’s spirits?”

“Thank heavens, we need more firepower with this guy. And a bomb squad. Lots and lots and lots of bomb squads. This guy is having a love affair with explosives. When he’s not trying to kill Roy, he’s making bombs,” Felicity answered. 

“Yeah, I don’t really want to be stabbed again,” Roy added. Two days previous, Roy and Revenge were fighting, and Revenge was able to hit Roy with his sword for the first time, stabbing Roy’s shoulder. Luckily the wound wasn’t that bad and Roy would heal soon. Hopefully, since Revenge’s plan was to kill Roy, he wouldn’t attack again for a while. Revenge would see it as pointless if he attacked and only Oliver and Dig showed up. That would give Team Arrow more time to prepare for Revenge’s next attack. 

“Please don’t be stabbed again,” Liberty said. “You scared me, a lot.”

“No promises.”