LIKE MANY DESCENDANTS OF AURADON ROYALTY, Arietta was told to despise the villans that lived on the Isle

LIKE MANY DESCENDANTS OF AURADON ROYALTY, Arietta was told to despise the villans that lived on the Isle. Her mother, being, Ariel, didn't help make the situation better. Growing up, Arietta was used to hearing stories about how her grandmother was killed by Captain Hook or how her mother and older sister, Melody, fell prey to the wicked tricks of the sea witches.

So you could imagine Arietta's shock when her best friend and soon-to-be-king, Ben, told her that his first proclamation would be to give the children of the four worst villains a second chance in Auradon. She was pleased, however, to learn that none of the villains that hurt her family would be part of the group.

"Think about it, Ari," Ben looked at me pleadingly, "Their children shouldn't be punished for their parent's actions. You would know that better than anyone."

Arietta bit her lip, knowing what Ben was insinuating. Although Arietta was gifted with a tail of her own, she didn't always see the fins as a gift.

She grew to resent her ability to swim among the fish. The feeling was amazing but the price wasn't worth it. Other than Ben, most people didn't speak to the mermaid when she was younger due to their fear of what she could do. Her sensitivity to H2O, made it a hard task. Just a drop of water on her skin and her legs transform into a tail in seconds. Not the best first impression on a group of five-year-olds.

Now her tail wasn't a problem since they had all matured, but Arietta will never forget the feeling of being outcasted.

"I suppose you are right...But what if they want revenge for being locked away?"

Ben frowned, bringing his arm down, much to the annoyance of the tailor trying to hem his suit, "That is why you are here," he smiled at the petit mermaid, "You are the sweetest person I know, Ari. I haven't met one person who hasn't liked you, even if they tried not to. So you will help Fairy Godmother teach the new class: Remedial Goodness 101."

Arietta let out a melodious chuckle at the ridiculous class, "Remedial Goodness 101?"

Ben winces as he hears Ariette state the silly class, earning a glare from the tailor. Adding the course to the villain kids curriculum was the only way to convince Fairy Godmother to let them attend Auradon Prep.

"And as my chosen royal representative," the brown-haired prince looked at his best friend with a mischevious smirk, "I expect you to happily accept the task."

Arietta smiled at the title, playing with her long brown hair, "Okay! Everyone deserves a chance to have freedom."

She decided that she would give them a chance. She trusted Ben's judgment and knew he wouldn't make a mistake. Plus, if her mother weren't given a second chance with her dad, she would have never even been born.

The tailor straightened Ben's head as he began to measure his crown size. Arietta was glad that she didn't have to get her measurements done today because she was not in the mood to be tossed around. She noticed that her best friend was distractedly looking out the window again, staring at the Isle.

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king this month? You're just a baby," King Adam's deep voice boomed, as he walked in Ben's room with Belle by his side. They couldn't have been more in love as they playfully, laughed at each other, happy to be together.

Belle let out a small laugh as her eyes fell on the daughter of her close friend Ariel, comfortably laying on Ben's bed, "And look at dear, Arietta. I swear it was just days ago when she was trying to comb her hair with a fork."

Arietta lightly smiled at the couple, "Nice to see you again, your highnesses."

Belle wore a sad smile as she sighed at the two kids, "They're both turning sixteen."

"Sixteen!" King Adam declared as he took off his glasses "That's far too young to be crowned king and queen. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least forty-two."

Belle rolled her eyes as she lightly smacked Kind Adam's arm. "Uh, you decided to marry me at twenty-eight."

King Adam gave Arietta a wink as he turned to his wife, guiltily, "It was either you or the teapot."

Ben trying to stifle his laughter stopped Arietta from going into one of her "inquiries" as her mother called it. Just like her mother, Arietta was amazed by the world around her, which caused her to become easily distracted.

"I'm kidding, dear."

Arietta knew by the look on Ben's face that he wanted to tell his parents about his proclamation, so she decided that she would give him a nudge, "Your highnesses," she cleared her throat, "Ben wants to tell you about his first official proclamation."

Ben shot the little mermaid a glare before he turned to his parents with a nervous laugh. Arietta gave him a supportive thumbs up which helped Ben summon enough courage to begin, "I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon."

Arietta watched as Belle dropped the coat that was resting in her arms, in shock as she listened to her son continue, "Every time that I look out to the Isle, I feel like they've been abandoned."

King Ben, however, appeared to be shaking in rage, "The children of our sworn enemies, among us?"

"We start out with a few, only the ones that need our help the most," Arietta jumped in between the family, peacefully stating Ben's case, "Ben has already chosen them," she turned to Ben with a delicate nod.

King Adam seemed to calm down a bit, as he walked up to his son, "Have you?"

Belle looked at Arietta with a smile, thinking about how her compassion and naivety was similar to Ariel's. It reminded Belle a bit of herself as well. Belle was certain, as she stared at the brown-haired mermaid, that she would be a great queen. Turning to her husband, she said, "I gave you a second chance," turning to Arietta and her son, she asked, "Who are their parents?"

Ben smiled as he began reciting the names that had been running through his head for weeks, "Cruella De Vil, Jafar, Evil Queen, and Maleficent."

The tailor gasped, jumping from his stool. Ariette looked at him confusedly. Why was he still there?

"Maleficent?" Ben's father shouted, "She is the worst villain in the land!"

Ben quickly stepped forward, raising his hands to clam his dad's rage, "Dad, just hear me out here."

"I won't hear of it! They are guilty of unspeakable crimes!"

"Their children are innocent, sir," Arietta interrupted, her soft voice breaking through all the noise, "Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?" Her light blue eyes, looking up at the King with nothing but faith Ben's proclamation.

"Dad," Ben pleadingly looked at his father.

The King's shoulder's sagged, defeatedly giving into Arietta and Ben's demands, "I suppose their children are innocent."

Arietta giddily shook Ben's shoulder as she smiled at his accomplishment. Belle walked up to the two royals with pride as she held each of their cheeks with one of her hands, "Well done."

She gave them one last look of satisfaction before turning to leave with her husband, who was patiently waiting for his wife. Once they left Ben let out a long breath he wasn't aware he was holding. If only he knew that the worst hadn't even begun.