Chapter 32. Manipulative witch

Start from the beginning

"You don't know? It's my passion to trouble you."

"You are not getting a medal for that."

"Doesn't matter."

"Ugh! Why am I wasting my time here?" I huffed and stomped away from there.

Just trust Ved to make my already ruined mood worse. He put his helmet back and started his bike. He came beside me and hit me on the head. Before I could return the favour, he drove off into the parking lot.

I entered the college and my eyes searched for my prey. Spotted him. He was busy in a conversation with Karthik. I was not surprised. I approached them and glared at Karthik who smirked when he saw me.

I ignored him and directed my gaze on Nikhil. He looked at me pointedly. So he did remember what happened yesterday. I crossed my arms in front of my chest and glared at him.

"I need an explanation," I demanded.

"For what?"

"For yesterday. I know you weren't in a good mood and all but you can talk to me, you know."

"I am not explaining anything to you."

"I am your friend, Nikhil. Why are you acting like this? If you won't tell me, how would I know?"

"Look, Sandhya. I don't want to cause a scene right now."

"Same here. If you aren't comfortable talking about it now, we can do it after lectures. The bell is gonna ring soon. Let's go, I think Mehta sir is going to hold a surprise test today."

"Are you his babysitter?" Ved mocked as he came and joined us.

"Keep your trap shut," I bit back.

"She is being a controlling bitch. I told you, she isn't good news," he said to Nikhil and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Guys, I don't want a fight right now. Sandhya, stop this," Nikhil told me.

"He started it! Why are you blaming me? Most importantly, why is he even interrupting our conversation?" I accused.

"He is my best friend. You can't always talk bad about him and expect me to just keep mum about it."

"Okay, fine. No need to argue but I would prefer if you just tell me why you were involved in those things yesterday?" I asked and glanced at Karthik. He just gave me an arrogant smirk.

Nikhil exhaled deeply and I proded him more. I waited for his reply but he didn't say anything. Ved whispered something in his ear and I knew he must be saying something to provoke him against me. But no use buddy. I knew Nikhil wouldn't come under peer pressure.

Brrrring!

The bell rang and Nikhil was the first one to move. He bro-hugged Karthik and left for our lecture. He was clearly trying to avoid me. Why? I moved my hand to grab his arm but Ved stopped it in mid-air.

"Don't meddle in my business," I warned Ved.

He tightened his grip on my wrist and glared at me. I yanked my hand away and looked at him with same amount of hatred.

"You know everything, don't you? Why aren't you helping him then?" I pointed a finger at him.

"Unlike you, I know how to deal with these situations instead of being a nuisance," he returned.

"I am not the main concern here. You know Nikhil is doing drugs, right? It's not good. We should stop him, and Karthik too." I looked at Karthik who also left leaving me and Ved alone.

"Are you even listening to yourself?" Ved asked.

"Yes I am!"

"Let me be clear about this. I will help him, not you."