———

"How old are you?" Zayn asked.

"Tom said we shouldn't know too much about one another. It'll be-"

"Come on, we'll be stuck here for months. Can't I know your age?" Zayn chuckled. They're sat on the living-room couch, watching some tv. Lauren was on her laptop, typing in todays findings, which were pretty much none. After having seen Mrs Cabello in the swimming-pool, they'd only seen her walk back in and that was it. It certainly hadn't helped that it had started pouring. They had practically been stuck inside the villa all day. Lauren had cooked a meal around dinnertime and now it was 9:30 and they're sitting on the couch like an old married couple.

"24." She said shortly, before closing the MPD program on her laptop and shutting it. "You?"

"23." He replied. "How long have you been working for the MPD?"

"Three years."

"Stuck 'round after your internship huh?"

Lauren nodded, grabbing the remote-controller and changing the tv to the cooking channel she preferred much more than soccer.

"I did too." Zayn said. "About a year ago though."

"I noticed." Lauren said, clearly referring back to the shooting accident that had almost gotten her killed during her last operation.

"Please don't start again about th-"

Lauren's head quickly turned in his direction. "You literally shot me, Zayn." Still getting used to the weird undercover name. "They had to take a bullet out of my arm, because of you."

"I- I know.." Zayn said, his cheeks turning red. "I know, I'm sorry about that. I still am. I've written you a letter, I've told you many times, but you-"

"I wasn't able to work for two months." She said, her eyebrows furrowed as she focussed her gaze back onto the tv-screen.

"Well if it helps, I wasn't allowed to either."

A chuckle made it's way out of her mouth and she shook her head. "Good. You paid."

He scoffed and smiled. "Damn right I paid. I've had to do a thousand courses to get my gun back."

Lauren looked back at him. "You literally shot a colleague."

"I wasn't informed you were a colleague."

"I know, I know." Lauren sighed, her emerald eyes fixed on the screen again. "Alright it's forgiven okay? Just don't fucking shoot me again, dumbass."

He smiled. "I'll try not to."

———

"You baked a cake?" Zayn asked. Three days has passed of them being in the villa and nothing much had happened. Lauren was kind of sick of waiting around and had come up with a plan.

"Yeah, to give to them."

Zayn gave her a sceptical look. "Tom told us to wait for them to come to us. We can't come off as suspicious."

Lauren shook her head and smiled. "I literally baked a cake for them, what's suspicious about that?" She took off her apron and revealed the dark blue dress she was wearing. "Armando isn't home. I'll just bring it along and give it to his wife. We have to collect evidence, remember? That's not gonna work if we'll just sit here all day."

Zayn looked down at the cake that Lauren had put onto the kitchen island. He had to admit it looked really good and that he was slowly getting bored as well. "Fine." He sighed, we'll bring the cake and act like good neighbours.

"No, no, no." Lauren said. "I'll bring the cake, being the lovely girlfriend that I am, because you're working in your office today."

Zayn took a deep breath. "I don't wanna sit upstairs all day again."

Lauren walked over to the hallway to fetch her heels and smiled. "You literally earn your money with doing nothing at the moment, deal with it. Besides if they'll see you're just hanging around the living-room all day, it'll be weird."