Chapter 16: Pure Intentions

"So, why are you here?" Jinhwan asked giving Junhoe an interrogating look while enjoying his ice cream.

They are now having their leisure time at a cozy café nearby. Junhoe crossed his arms on his chest on Jinhwan's question.

"Hyung, I told you I have my ways." He smiled.

"Okay? Then, how did you know I am here? I mean I didn't tell you my exact address." Jinhwan narrowed his eyes and leaned forward giving Junhoe an expectant gaze.

Junhoe secretly enjoyed how Jinhwan's curiosity made him do cute gesture like that.

"Can we just enjoy our ice cream? I only have 3 days so stop with the interrogation. I don't want to spend my entire stay here being questioned." Junhoe said in between his laugh.

"Three days? Only?" Jinhwan confirmed. He felt a little sad hearing that Junhoe will only stay for 3 days because deep inside he wanted it to be a little longer since he really felt lonely in the island alone.

"Yes. Unless you...come with me in Seoul." Junhoe slowly stared at Jinhwan and observed the elder's reaction. He thought maybe the statement wasn't in a good timing to say considering they just met again after almost half a year.

Jinhwan looked at him with a soft expression on his face and slowly smiled.

"You know I would love to. But—" Jinhwan couldn't finish his words when Junhoe interrupted him.

"I know. I'm sorry." Junhoe said with all sincerity in his voice. "So, what's with the flyers?" He asked instead.

Jinhwan started to narrate his intention of opening a swimming gym again for kids but Junhoe was halfheartedly listening to him because he already heard it from him last night they talked on the phone. He just enjoyed watching Jinhwan the entire storytelling. His heart was full of content and bliss.

Flashback

"Noona, can I take a week off?" Junhoe requested his sister while he was in her office.

"Eh, suddenly? What is it this time? Chanwoo said you're really doing great with your new post. I almost didn't believe him." Yejin said in between her laugh while looking back and forth to her laptop and Junhoe.

"That's why I am requesting some time off." Junhoe excused.

"Have you asked dad? He's your real boss." Yejin eyed her brother who just sat on the sofa of her office.

"If I could why would I ask you? Besides, he will be out of the country next week." Junhoe said without looking at her.

"Is Jinhwan back in Seoul?" Yejin guessed and observed how her brother would react. She knew about Jinhwan since Junhoe promised to tell her everything and she knew Junhoe was starting to be attached with his new "friend".

She knew her brother too well to notice how Junhoe changed after Bobby and him broke up and how Junhoe was brought back to his old self, even better, when he met Jinhwan. That was why she was supportive of her brother. She didn't want to repeat what happened before. Junhoe might run away from home again and might not come back. But she was also worried her brother might get hurt again and she didn't know how to handle that.

"W-what? No." Junhoe was a little shocked with his sisters' question.

Yejin smirked discreetly witnessing the flustered look on Junhoe's face.