Chapter 5: His Wedding Day

Chapter 5: His Wedding day

"Junhoe-ya!" / "My son!"

Yejin and his mom almost said in chorus. His mom went directly for a hug while his sister kept on checking on him. All their worries emitted at him. He felt bad immediately for the two ladies with tears in their eyes for what he did. He remembered he almost killed his self without even realizing he could make his mom and his sister weep so much.

"Where have you been?" Yejin asked. Her voice was a little loud maybe because of so much concern for his younger brother.

"Stop it Yejin. He's here already and that's what matters. AS long as he's safe... Aigoo, my son. You scared me to death. Don't do that again." His mom hugged him again still crying.

"I'm sorry. Stop crying now." Junhoe consoled his mom. A few minutes later, he stiffened and his heart beat faster when he heard heavy footsteps coming towards them. He knew to whom it belonged so he got himself ready.

He faced to the owner of the footsteps. The man in all suit walking towards him, his left hand holding his briefcase and the other hand in his pocket. He could read all frustrations and upset on his father's face.

He stopped in front of him, approximately 2 steps away. On his both sides are his mom and sister.

"Father..." A word struggled to come out his mouth.

"Honey!" / "Appa!"

This time, both ladies yelled in chorus. The sound of his father slap on his left cheek almost echoed the living room. That's how you could describe how hard it was.

Junhoe felt his left cheek burning. It stung so much. He didn't hear his father talk for a few second. All he could hear were his mom and sister's concern murmur. His mom hugged him trying to shield him from his furious dad.

"I'm fine, mom." He assured his concern mom. He let go from her and bravely faced his dad. A cold stare met his gaze and an expression he couldn't read.

"You dare runaway after causing trouble. Why are you here?" His father's voice was firm and challenging.

Amidst the intimidation he was feeling, he found courage to speak up.

"I-I'm sorry." He almost whispered. He knew his dad will never forgive him for what he had done but he needed to yield and let his guard down that time.

"If you're going to say sorry why did you do it in the first place? You disgust me. Bobby must have been too. I almost regret that you are my son." His dad said and made it sound the most regretful statement he had ever said.

"Yeobo!" He heard his mom called out his dad for saying those harsh words to him.

He clenched his fist trying to control the hurt consuming him inside. Those words pierced in his chest so much he could feel his tears on the corner of his eyes. He expected his father to react agitatedly but words hurt him more than the slap he received earlier. Bobby was right. He will just going to face the consequence of what he did and right now he is. He bit his lower lips at the thought of Bobby's words to him.

After everyone calmed down, he went to his room and plank his body on his bed. He felt heavy coming home but sure glad he did. Though the betrayal and hurt were still there, his time off away from home cleared his mind a bit – all thanks to Jinhwan. At the thought of his stranger friend, he heard a knock.

"Junhoe-ya." The voice was from her sister at the other side of the door.

He didn't want to talk to anyone but he knew his sister will not leave until he opened the door. So, he forced himself to let his sister in and both of them sit on the side of his bed.