Chapter 7: Game of Fate

Junhoe didn't realize how long he had been staring on his phone when he heard a knocking sound from his desk. He looked up and met a frowning Chanwoo who was shaking his head. Chanwoo was Junhoe's trainer and personal assistant. Despite being younger than Junhoe, Chanwoo already started to take part in the business world 2 years earlier than him. Being in the same age range, his sister assigned him to his brother thinking it would be easy for Junhoe to learn the company if someone his age taught him. She knew his brother was not a very sociable person.

"Can you please take your phone away?" Chanwoo demanded.

Junhoe's eyebrows raced and Chanwoo knew what that was for.

"...Sir?" The latter added.

Junhoe sat straight and crossed his arms on his chest – his eyes not leaving the screen of his phone.

"I already know what you are talking about. Can we move on to the next site?" Junhoe complained without looking Chanwoo who silently sighed.

"Your focus is clearly not here... Sir. I am already briefing you with the next branch location. But you're busy staring at your phone. Are you waiting for something?" The younger asked and also took his seat facing Junhoe.

It had been a week since Junhoe last saw Jinhwan and Hanbin. He hadn't had the courage to even send a single text to Jinhwan because he didn't know what to say. He even scolded himself for asking Jinhwan's number and not sending anything to him after.

"It's nothing." Junhoe looked away.

"You don't tell me that it's nothing when you have been spacing out so much lately." Chanwoo replied.

"I told you it's nothing." An irritation on Junhoe's voice could be heard.

"Then focus. Why do 'nothing' needs to ruin your concentration. You will be assigned to one of our Busan branch next week you need to memorize the names of—"

"Wait! I'll be in Busan?" Junhoe interrupted his trainer from speaking when he realized something.

"Uh... yes? Why are you acting like you don't know?" Chanwoo crossed his arms and gave Junhoe a confused look.

"You didn't tell me." Junhoe stated.

"I gave you the file needed for your training 3 days ago and it was written there. You even told me you've read it when I asked you. Aww, Koo Junhoe!" Chanwoo said in disbelief.

Junhoe rushed on his office desk not far from where he was seated. He opened the drawer and took out the file Chanwoo gave him 3 days ago. Of course, it was a lie when he told him he already read it. He had nothing but thoughts of how could he talk to Jinhwan after getting his number.

He skimmed through the pages and his eyes widened when he saw that his training will be a 4-week long. The schedule includes 2-day seminars for the first 2 weeks, and the rest will be practical for him.

"Are you coming with me?" He turned to ask Chanwoo.

"Of course. Your dad would kill me if I don't and you need to go this time. You already missed the practical last month." The former answered.

"Okay. Good." Junhoe replied and flashed a quick smirk.

He immediately went out in his room after putting the file on the table and grabbing his phone from his study desk. Chanwoo was left confused of how Junhoe didn't even complain that he's coming with him than he expected the latter would react. He just thought maybe Junhoe accepted this without a fuss since it would take him far away from Bobby. He already knew about them since Yejin told him everything to also ask him his understanding and patience with his brother. He was going through something so when Junhoe rejected the first off-site training given to him last month, he let him be. But this time, Junhoe looked... excited.