Chapter 4: Ready or Not?

Jinhwan cooled the soup on the spoon to taste whether it's already good or still need some simmering. He prepared hangover soup for Junhoe.

After Junhoe broke down last night, Jinhwan knew nothing can comfort him at the moment but he was standing there beside the younger to let him feel that even though he's a stranger listening to his heart wrenching story, he was there as a friend. He let Junhoe cried his heart out. He never knew he could witness something like that. Something heartbreaking. Junhoe wanted to drink more so he could just be drunk and fell asleep. So here's Jinhwan making something to cure his headache from last night.

After 2 minutes Jinhwan turned off the stove, his phone rang. It was his fiancé, video calling him.

"Hi Babe!" Jinhwan greeted his partner. "Hi. I miss you." The voice on the other line replied.

"Ooh, too early in the morning and you're already missing me." Jinhwan teased. "Had a bad night? Or day?"

"Not really. Just tired. But really, I always miss you. You know that." Then the cute guy on the screen pouted.

"Stop doing that Kim Hanbin. You'll make me go all the way to Seoul to see you." Jinhwan joked. But he really missed his fiancé so much. It's almost a month without them seeing each other in person because of Hanbin's busy schedule.

Jinhwan and Hanbin had been together for 3 years. But it was only 6 months ago when Hanbin proposed to him before leaving for Seoul to have his career opportunity in one of the prestigious hospitals in the capital. Their parents had been very supportive and open to their sons' situation so their engagement was no secret to their families.

"Really? Will you come here?" Hanbin said in a playful tone.

"If you want me to, I will definitely come. Do you want me to go there?" Jinhwan pulled out a chair and sit comfortably while holding his phone up to his face.

"Haha. No, I'm just kidding. I don't want you to travel far just to see me. I don't want to exhaust you." Hanbin said then bite on his sandwich.

"You're worth my exhaustion, you know." Jinhwan winked at him.

"Ugh.." Hanbin acted like something pressed on his chest and wrinkle his face like it hurt while closing his left eye. "That was so cheesy, Babe. My sandwich can't relate."

Jinhwan laughed shaking his head. "You need sugar than cheese."

"So... How's Junhoe?" Mentioned Hanbin who is now sipping on his coffee.

"I made him a hangover soup. He's still sleeping. He's really drunk last night, and all those crying and unburdening... It's so heartbreaking to see." Jinhwan's face suddenly showed sadness.

"Really? I wish I could be there to help you comfort him. Poor guy."

"I know. But thank you for understanding me too, for letting him stay here until he's ready to go home." Jinhwan towered his forearm and rest his chin on his left palm.

"As long as you're safe. You know I am always worried about your safety. I still feel bad about myself for leaving you alone. I'm sorry. We could have a place to stay here together but the hospital only has residence for doctors." Hanbin's regretful eyes made Jinhwan leaned back on his chair and held his phone with both hands.

"Babe, I'm fine. We talked about it already. Stop saying sorry. You will have a wonderful career there and we promised to see each other every month. We can also video call every time you're free like this. There's nothing to be sorry for. Okay? We're doing this for us so don't blame yourself." Jinhwan enlightened his partner on the other line. He smiled when he saw Hanbin pouted again. One of his weaknesses was Hanbin's aegyo. The latter really hated it before but when they started dating, it came out so naturally to him. Jinhwan had his contribution on that though since he's obviously a cutie himself too.