Chapter 24

Luna

"Can you believe we've been together for an entire year?" Adrian asks, wrapping his arm around my waist as I cuddle into his chest

"Technically we've been together for eleven months, twenty-eight days, two hours, and thirty minutes."

"I will beat you up."

"Can you kiss me instead?" I ask him with a smile. Adrian gently presses his lips to my temple. I giggle and snuggle into the yellow hoodie that he'd allowed me to wear when I got cold, halfway through our plane ride.

A short red-haired woman walks up to us. "The plane will be landing in Bali very shortly if you both would like to get into your seats and put on your seatbelts?"

"Sure thing," Adrian nods as she walks away. I slide off of his lap and slip into my seat across from him. We both plug in our seatbelts and patiently wait for the jet to land. It doesn't take long before we feel the hard rumbling of the jet hitting the ground at the airport.

The pilot exits the cockpit to flash us a smile. "How was the flight?"

"Very nice, thank you!" I tell him. Adrian tips him a hundred dollar bill and we both exit the plane. We grab our suitcases and make our way into the nearly-empty airport. Adrian slips his hand into mine as we head towards a sleek black car that is waiting for us. It isn't a long drive towards our villa but Adrian and I still take the time to enjoy the night-time view of the island as we drive down the road. Soon enough, we arrive in front of a small white bungalow that stands in front of a row of different sized villas. Adrian quickly goes inside to check us into our villa and comes back out with the keys. The car drives further into the neighborhood of villas and soon comes to a stop. I look out of the window and gasp at the beautiful brown villa with big open windows and palm trees lining the front of it. There's a large double-door made from glass that stands out immediately. Quickly, Adrian and I hop out of the car, checking out our surroundings with big, gaping eyes. My boyfriend unlocks the glass door and opens it, revealing a beautiful living area with small white couches and a wooden table with a fireplace. Floor-to-ceiling windows cover the room, giving an open view of the infinity pool and greenery that fill the backyard. There's a small kitchen in the corner of the living area that holds nothing but a few countertops with a fridge and a stove. Adrian takes my hand leads me further into the villa where there's a large bedroom with more windows that give a view of the palm trees and sea. A king-sized canopy bed is placed in the middle of the room holding a small array of red rose petals that form a heart. Adrian turns to look at me, his face full of surprise and admiration. "This place is beautiful..." I mumble, wrapping my arms around Adrian's waist. He slides his arm around my shoulders and kisses my forehead.