Male Reader x Dahyun - Promises (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Events.

Family trips.

Movies.

Even school together.

The two would ask their parents for the other one and they couldn't stop them, even if they wanted to.

========================================================

TIMESKIP

13 Years Later

But with every great moment with Dahyun...there were the bad with Dahyun...and today was the worst.

Unrequited feelings hurt.

You knew that much far too well now.

You were sulking away on your usual table as nothing can help make you feel better.

Suddenly two trays were plopped on each side of you.

"Hey (YN)." "Sup."

You didn't bother looking.

Im Nayeon and Yoo Jeongyeon.

Two new friends that you and Dahyun made a year ago during your Junior year.

When both girls asked you over lunch whether you were okay, looking concerned about the way you were twirling your food, you weren't.

However, all you could say was, lifelessly, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Nayeon persisted, turning her body so as to get a better look at your frown. "You don't look that fine."

"It's nothing." You groaned. "Just...a horrible yesterday." A painfully long day of suffering seeing the person you harbored unrequited feelings for with someone else.

"...You know huh?"Jeongyeon spoke up as you nodded.

"What happened?" Nayeon asked.

"Dahyun...is dating someone." Nayeon gasped.

"What...oh (YN)...I'm sorry."

Both girls felt depressed as you leaned back.

"Over the weekend. Dahyun told me...what does she see in him? I mean, he's okay, but..." You couldn't even finish the statement.

"He's not you."Nayeon finished your sentence as you sighed.

"We're sorry (YN). We really are. Maybe you should talk to her...she is your best friend." Jeongyeon stated as you shook your head.

"Doesn't feel like it anymore..." You responded as Nayeon held your arm as she massaged it a bit.

"(YN)-"

"What am I even supposed to do now. I had the perfect way to tell her and I blew it. I was waiting for the prom and I just waited too long." You said looking down as you tried to not cry in front of the two.

Nayeon scooted closer as she massaged your arm. Jeongyeon sat beside you as she patted your shoulder.

"(YN)...I'm sorry. If it's any help...you two would make the perfect couple...heck you seemed like one." Nayeon spoke up as Jeongyeon nodded. "And you're way better than (BN)." Nayeon further added. "You're smarter, better looking, kind, and-"

"Damn Nay. You should date him then." Jeongyeon leered to Nayeon as Nayeon giggled.

"You know you're the only one for me Jeongie...you should know~" Nayeon teased to her as Jeongyeon blushed and looked down.