Chapter Forty Eight

Start from the beginning

Can't say I'm not grateful about it though. She does appear a lot healthier these days.

I shook my head in a defeated manner, "No mom, its my fault this time."

Well, technically it really wasn't but then I did took things carelessly.

She shot me a disapproving gaze, "I would lecture you right now but then you're old enough to handle your own problems."

"Really?" I asked, a little bit caught off-guard.

"Yes. Although I strongly advise you to give him some space for now."

I resisted from showing the surprise on my face at her words. I mean, that was exactly what Taehyung and Jimin told me before too.

Clearing my throat silently, I sent her a questioning look. "What do you mean?"

She was quiet for a second as she averted her gaze towards the coffee table between us, "In our life, not everything can be fixed with simple actions. You may put a bandage to cover a wound but it would still bleed from the inside."

I stared at her as I let the meaning of her words sink in.

"In the end, it would still require a good few minutes for the wound to disclose completely," her face softened before continuing, "So whatever this is that is happening between you and the boy, just let time do its work. Don't rush anything."

Biting my lips, I nodded my head meekly before bringing the chocolate to my lips again.

"This brat. You're still going to eat that?"

Aaaand the moment was over.

I clutched the bar closer to my chest defensively, "Why couldn't I?"

"That's the fifth bar that you had took today. And its only 12 in the afternoon," she stated drily.

"So?"

At my stoic face, she shook her head. "Sure, keep eating yourself to death and even time won't be able to help you then."

I was just about to give her my very own witty reply when the main door was pushed open from the outside.

"Lisa?"

I immediately stood up at the familiar voice, "Oh, yes Mr Kim?"

"Can you please grab a file for me from inside my office?" He asked as he hovered over the doorway.

I glanced at my mother who was now busy playing with the remote control, "Sure, where is it?"

"Its somewhere inside the drawers. The cover was in blue colour."

As soon as he spelled out the details, I wasted no time to make my way towards where I know his office would be.

I must admit that I'm a little giddy too because this would actually be the first time I step into the room after almost a year of staying inside the house.

Rounding by a corner, my eyes immediately caught the beige coloured door and pushed it open.

I briefly took in the simple interior surrounding the place before my gaze settled on the single huge table situated in the middle of the room.

The Devil DancerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara