Chapter Forty Four

Start from the beginning

I glanced towards Bambam who was observing us closely before nudging at her.

"Of course, unnie! You invited me, remember?"

"I invited you?"

By this point I was practically shoving my whole body towards her just so that she could get the hint when her eyes cut off towards Bambam.

Her whole face immediately lighted up, "Oh!"

Thank God.

"Yes! I remember it now! I invited you!"

Okay maybe I just said that way too early. This girl is as subtle as a sledgehammer.

Forcing my face into a wide smile nonetheless, I nodded my head a little bit too enthusiastically, "Yeah, I've been waiting for you down here for ages actually!"

"You did?"

I didn't miss the way Bambam narrowed his eyes at us, "Of course! Now why don't you help me get my things into your room?"

The confusion was still obvious on her face but thankfully, she didn't say anything about it.

Taking her silence as an oppoturnity, I immediately grabbed for my bag before turning towards my guy best friend. "I've got to unpack my things now. I'll see you later?"

The guy simply stared at me wordlessly that for a second I thought he was still mad until he let out a loud huff.

"Fine. But you owe me 10 ice-creams."

I probably owe him a lot more than that but I still nodded nonetheless.

After seeing him off, I quickly hugged Jisoo unnie.

"Oh my God, thank you thank you thank you thank you."

She made a move to shrug me off but I simply enveloped her harder, "Ugh, you're welcome, now get off me."

I grinned at the sound of her distressed voice before letting her go, "Seriously, you just saved me from being friendless for another month."

She scrunched her face up, "What?"

"Nothing," I shook my head with a smile as we made our way into the elevator with my suitcase in tow.

"Wait a second. I still don't get it, how come you're here? And what did you mean that I invited you just now?"

I let out a sigh as I watched her press a button on the wall, "I came here with the elites. Jungkook invited me."

"Jeon Jungkook invited you?" She shot me a surprised look.

"Yeah. It was a long story, but I'll tell you later when we're at somewhere private."

She appeared to be deep in thought as she stared ahead at the increasing numbers.

"I take it your friend just now still have no idea about your situation with them, is it?"

I briefly felt the twinge of guilt inside my chest before averting my eyes away from her.

She shook her head in disapproval, "Lisa, you can't continue keeping it a secret. Everyone is going to discover about it sooner or later."

I know what she said was true. Only she has no idea that it was not as simple as that, Jungkook's secret was also at stake here too. I can't just tell everyone about it.