Chapter Twenty-Six ♚ The Bite

AN: Blake's outfit is the same.

I'm basically not going to warn you about the gore in this chapter. It's a known fact that it's in the show.

The fireworks and band had just started at the fourth of July celebration Mayor Kline was hosting while Jonathan, Nancy, El, Max, Will, Lucas and Mike were sitting around the Hopper's cabin, El telling them about what Billy had shown her in the void

El shook her head, wearily saying, "He said he was building something," She looked around, "That it was all for me."

"Building something... is he talking about the flayed?" Max questioned, furrowing her brows. Nancy nodded, "It must be."

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought," Lucas paced around anxiously. Mike shrugged, saying, "Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread."

Will sighed, crossing his arms as he said, "He's building it to stop Eleven."

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off," Mike told. Lucas scoffed, "Like royally."

"And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way-" Lucas cut his friend off, saying, "Game over."

Eleven took a deep breath, looking at her ex-boyfriend and said, "He also said he was gonna kill all of you."

Everyone froze at that, their hearts skipping a beat and Max sarcastically smiled, gripping onto Blake's bat and said, "Yeah, well, that's nice."

A faint screeching noise was heard and Nancy kicked herself off the wall she was leaning on, going over to the window quietly. She shuddered, hearing the noise again and whispered, "Do you guys hear that?"

"It's just the fireworks," Jonathan told after a second of silence. Nancy's eyes widened, her pulse quickening as she said, "Billy..." She whipped around, "When he told you this, it was here, in this room?"

El nodded and a distant thudding was heard, Mike furrowing his brows as he listened. Will froze, chills running up his spine and he brought a hand to the back of his neck, saying, "He knows we're here."

The group ran outside and looked toward the fireworks, seeing the trees rustling before them. A snarl was heard and the trees were pulled back, the Mind Flayer now visible to the kids.

El quiety let out a sob, her only thought being that she wanted her sister with her.

Meanwhile, Blake, Robin and Steve were laying in the back of the red cart Dustin and Erica had stolen when the curly-haired boy hit the gas again, Steve saying, "Jesus, slow down!"

"Yeah, what is this, like, the Indy 500?" Robin slurred, playing with Blake's backpack that was in her lap.

Dustin and Erica had found it when they stormed the room and practically threw it on the three in the back.