Glimpse

---

Time flies so fast, If I could stop it I would. If only I can, to the time where I can still see the point in all of this. Back to where my Dad, Mom, Miggy, and I were happy living as a happy family. Where Jade and I could still see each other. Where she would have not left me. But I have to accept that life is not fair. It's not fair at all. If only it goes all according to our plan. It would be easy. But it didn't and sometimes it never will. Life has ups and downs, happiness and tears, pain and regrets. As the saying goes "Life is not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning how to dance in the rain." We must learn how to accept situations that are exactly the opposite of what we wanted. We must learn how to be happy with the little things and even when the situations didn't go exactly as we planned. We must be grateful that we got to enjoy and live this life that we have been given and live well with it.

My life changed since that night when The Don made himself know to me and my heart is just fresh from a heartbreak of a young love. After that night I never had the chance to say goodbye to my parents. The pain of betrayal is so fresh and my mind is clouded with hate. We went straight to the airport and boarded the plane to London. Only Miggy came to say goodbye to me. My life in London for the past 5 years has been a band aid to what I really felt when what I needed was an operation of some sort. Two years I spent alone mostly in my room. I gained a few friends but Batchi is the one who stayed with me. I'm glad that she decided to go back to Europe this time to study with me. She visits her dad in Germany on Holidays that's when I was left alone as I didn't want to go with her even if she insisted. College changed everything for me. I changed. I get tired of being alone and being eaten by my own thoughts and feelings.

I started going to parties when I don't like parties at all. Maybe just to escape what I felt. I started hanging with the wrong crowd. There's never a weekend where I'm not drunk and high as hell. I even tried to rob a convenience store just for the fun of it but my Grandfather's influence always gets me out of it. But no matter how hardheaded I was, I had rules: No drinks on school days and No cocaine. I smoke weed that's all. Maybe that is why I maintained high grades and manage to the top of my class even became the captain of the varsity basketball team. Well, you know there's a lot of girls in there right? And I'm really good at it. I never passed girls that try to get their hands on me too. From being introverted to being extroverted. A 360 degree turned around. And after four years in college now the CEO of the Galura Empire. A title I had never even dreamed of having. I always thought I am too young to handle any of this still. But The Don insisted. He said he believed in my abilities. I guess it is what it is.

Working at The Don's empire is a breeze since I work in the London office for two hours every day after school during my school years in London. Completely understanding the company inside out even I don't like it at first. I really didn't have a choice, did I? To be the granddaughter and sole heir of the empire. I don't really call him grandfather. I'm not used to and I don't think it will change soon. Our relationship was purely official. But every now and then he tries to reach out to me asking how I am. And every now and then I call him Lolo. Sometimes I daydream of when my life was simple. A teenager dreaming to be a music artist singing her heart out in a café or rocking out in a gig somewhere.

Galura Plaza, BGC

" Ma'am, someone named Kathleen Oliveros is here to see you. "

" I don't know that name, does she made an appointment??? tell her to come back in a month," I said irritated.

I've been on this project proposal since Monday and here come Friday and I'm still not finished reviewing this goddammit 200 pages proposal. I mean who would do a 200 pages proposal? Well, not for me.

" Ahm ahmm.. I'm sorry Ma'am she said The Don told her to talk to you today." she said nervously on the phone.

And why the hell it is The Don sent her??? dammit.