Paper Cut

---

"Thea! Thea! " Batchi ran to me shouting. she is always the over reacting one.

"Hey calm down will you? what's the problem?"

"Cant you not hear your phone? Tito Felix is calling you many times its important!"

"Oh damn I left it in the Bathroom"

" He told me to pack our bags and get ready, we will be leaving for Manila this afternoon." Batchi said sadly.

"What?! we talked that we will stay here till the classes start"

"Yeah dude, but he said its important that you get back to manila as soon as possible. I'm sorry"

"Its ok Batch, lets just get ready. Im sorry for the shortened vacation though"

---
The ride to manila is smooth with clear skies above us. If only my heart is just smooth as this travel, I would give anything for that, but its not...I'm troubled and I'm still broken and devastated of Jade's leaving. I don't know if I can ever move on, if I can ever move past this pain right now. This heartbreak is like two edged sword piercing my heart continuously. It's not stopping anytime. I tried, I tried really hard to forget her. But this past two months was just been hell inside me. I'm okay in the outside but broken on the inside. If only I can see Jade again, If only I can tell her to stay. If only...

---

We arrived at our house just in time for dinner and I was famished. It's 8pm and my insides are protesting. Batchi decided to come with me since I was persistent that she help me with my practice since next week is my scheduled audition for the Conservatory of Music in University of the Philippines. Yeah, I passed the UPCAT examination and I was so excited to pursue Music. It is my dream, my passion, and my heart and I was relieved when my family is just as supportive when I told them I would like to pursue music. I know they want me to become a Civil Engineer of course to handle our business in the future but I just told them I would like to pursue my dream and they just support me all the way. I thank God that they understand me and love me unconditionally. I love my family and I wouldn't trade them for anything... and I swear I'll do anything for them in a heart beat.

I pushed the wooden door of our house and no one is there, I didn't even see Manang Alice in the living room she is always there when I arrive cause she knows when I am arriving. It's weird so I decided to head to the kitchen with Batchi tagging along. They probably finished eating by now, so we might just grab some sandwich and head to my room.

"Dude, where is everyone?"

"You mean everyone, Dad, Mom, Miggy Manang Alice, Ana and Mang Arno?"

"Yes Thea, the six people in this household who I knew since we are kids. You know why ..sometimes I wonder how Manang Alice and Mang Arno chose to stay with your family all along. I mean, they can live in their own and do business. Their first born is a lawyer already right? She can support her family already why stay with you?"

"And that's a secret.." I winked at Batchi and try not to laugh she is the over observant bff I ever had always seeing things around her, sometimes its a bit annoying."

"Spill now Thea, I'm so curious" she said while munching on her BLT sandwich I made.

"You always are" I retorted."

"Well, Mang Arno is Dad's best friend back in the early days in Palawan when Dad is growing up. They used to help Lolo and Mang Arno's dad fish in the sea. It was when Dad started High School in manila that their ways separate." I explained to Batchi.

"Mang Arno is like Dad's protector in his grade school. Dad said he was bullied in school because he is thin and Mang Arno is always there to help him. But then Mang Arno's family move to other province and he didn't come to finish school. Later on when Dad met him again he hires him. And Manang Alice his wife became our help here and Dad support the studies of Kylie and Gabby. "

" I see.. Tito Felix is so kind Thea.. your family is. Aside from the foundations you have, He personally helps people. "

" Yeah Batch, He is and Im proud of my Dad. I wanna be like him someday... Help build and improve peoples lives. "

"Thea, your Dad wants you in the Great room right now." Ana came inside the kitchen holding a tray of glasses our new kasama in the house.

I nod at Ana. Batchi turned to me and look at me inquisitively as she finished her glass of juice. I just shrugged at her and wash my hands.

I dragged Batchi with me to the Great room where my family was. My family uses the Great Room only for important events like Christmas, New Year, Thanksgiving, Birthdays, family events, important meetings, or meeting very important persons. It is not Christmas or New Year or any important event that is. So who is this important person/s?

I enter the room and suddenly all eyes are on me. I saw Kuya Arno and Manang Alice standing near the sofa, while Dad and Mom are sitting on the opposite side was an unfamiliar old man probably around 60's sitting comfortably wearing a cowboy white hat, a white suit, and white complementary shoes, around him, are four huge built men in a black suit and black ties wearing ear monitoring equipment like what you see on movies of bodyguards of the president or something. They are emotionless and look dangerous.

"Althea.." My Dad spoke firmly with mixed emotions in his face. It's my first time ever to see him this distraught. My Mom put her hands on Dad's thigh and nod as the sadness in her face was evident. I quietly panicked inside. Batchi holds my arms and pressed it as a sign of support.

"A-A Althea..Meet your grandfather, Mr-- Don Alfredo Maximo Alvarez Galura" Dad said with gaze locked on mine with threatening tears about to fall...a silent expression somehow telling me to understand.

"G-Grandfather?... Dad, what are you saying? Are you kidding me? What is this all about?! " I said confused. Anger and confusion evident in my face. I'm almost out of breath as the tears are on the brink of my now angry eyes.

This time the old man holds his cane and tried to stand up. His bodyguards tried to help him but he swats their hands away. He looked at me with an expression of longingness and sadness but there are still so many things I can't understand and my brain is wrecking me right now so I looked at him with anger and disdain as tears began to fall in my now red face.

" Your real name is Glaiza Castro Galura and I am your real grandfather."

My tears welled up as I heard those words. Anger, confusion, betrayal, and hate are all what I am feeling as I stormed out of the room and ran.

---A/N

Sorry guys i unpublished this because nagka problem story iba lumalabas.
I hope ok na. Please give me feedback. Thanks.
Sorry for a short Ud babawi ako. :)