The Truth

---

Gary Lopez Residence. Professor, Ateneo de Manila University and Board of the Lopez Academy of Sports and the Arts.

" So Jade, any plans? Now that you graduated college, Maybe you can handle the school already. You're great with kids I've heard." Tito Gary said smiling.

" I love kids Tito, but not yet. I'm still planning to undergo Masters in the US." I said casually

" Oh I see, that would be great Jade. And by the way, congratulations! Me and your Tita Laura are proud of you."

" Thank you Tito"

" Gareth, there's a car pulled in maybe it's them." I overheard Tito Gary told my Dad.

I wonder who that is cause everyone is already here. Suddenly, Dad opens the door and there I saw a man kind of same age as Dad and a woman who exactly looked like my Dad and with them two young man with a lady in tow. The other was in his thirties I guess and with his wife and the other one in his twenties and single I guess, cause he's giving me gay vibes. My Mom and Dad hugged them as if they didn't saw each other for years. Then also my Tito and Titas. The evening went on, we had dinner and all went smoothly. They had stories here and there and then my Tito Raul and Tina left already and it is only Me , Mom , Dad , Tito Gary and Tita Laura and the visitors from earlier. They seemed to be a nice family and very rich. I can see in their style and that car says it all. If only Lovi and Jase didn't leave that early, now I'm stuck with family affairs and I'm tired. I went to a couch nearby and sat there looking through my phones for emails from MIT. When the young man who gave me gay vibes earlier sat next to me and introduce himself.

" Hi, I'm Paul " as the young man from earlier, handsome with a nice clean cut hair extends his hands smiling waiting for me.

" Hey, Alice here " I said smiling awkwardly surprise by his sudden introduction . But he seems so nice and I felt comfortable around him. But I opted to use my first name.

" So I've heard you've graduated a magna cum laude in that prestigious London University. That was quite a feat. And with that major, you must be a genius." He complimented.

" I just studied hard " I said casually

" Hmm but really congrats" He said smiling.

I was about to ask him something when Mom called me out into the Dining.

" Hey, sorry Mom needs me in the table. You good here?"

" Sure I will, go ahead" He smiled.

I smiled back as I leave him to go to the dining table where there seated Mom, Dad and the Couple visitor from earlier. I'm tired so I cut the crap on the discussion.

" What is it that you wanted to tell me Mom.?"

" Jade, I don't want to beat around the bush and I you're a grown up woman now. I wanted you to know that your Dad and I loved you very much. Remember what I told you when you are twelve years old? That Gareth and I adopted you.?"

" Yes, Mom. I didn't forget that. And I'm not mad with you or anything. I'm grateful and thankful for that. I loved you and Dad so much."

" We do too, Darling. But you must know the truth about your family and about us." Dad said this time.

" Amanda here is my sister and Oscar his husband they are your real parents." I was quite shocked. No, I was so shocked but my face never showed it. I looked at the couple in front of me. They seemed to be very nice and kind people. So I stayed and try to listen.  So they are my family and not only that, They are Dad's family too. So technically my Tito and Tita...