Chapter 21: What To do?

Authors Note: Cover will be supplied when its done.

If you haven't read parts 1: Rainbow Machine, or Part 2: Iridescent Lullaby this won't make any sense at all.

Please Read and review.

Two Sided Mirror

Chapter 21

What to do?

Danny woke up in Dareths arms. She felt very peaceful actually. She hoped he felt better. She knew he didn't sleep but his charge cycle was pretty keen to it. She quietly sat up and looked around. There were clocks all over the walls. Junk all over the tables, But it seemed to be a controlled chaos. He had things in order. Things in boxes, projects stayed together in piles, tools stayed in there place. Reminded her of her garage. She let things go where they fall, but she knew where they all were. The place seemed cluttered, but it actually felt like a home to her. She looked around at her brother who slept not to far from where she had been.

Her head still felt a little groggy so she walked outside hoping the morning air would wake her. But it was still humid outside because of summer, and there was no cool breeze either. She sighed sitting down on a concrete divide. If anything at last the sun felt good. She leaned back a little and felt a soft fabric. She looked up to see Glass smiling down at her.

"You slept for a few days you know." He said to her. Danny smiled up at him.

"You let me have your bed for that long?" She asked. Glass chuckled and shrugged his shoulders.

"Not my bed. I'm a fusion. But after I lost my power to Dareth...I stopped being able to unfuse and I'm stuck like this. Ah well...they don't mind." He sat back puffing out smoke from his seams. There was a light 'tink, tink' sound as he rolled his fingers a bit. Within his palm was a screw that tapped his other elbow. His finger glided over his finger.

"You don't think that'll happen to Dareth do you?" She asked. Glass shrugged his shoulder.

"Might, might not. Who knows what the future brings. Maybe someday you two will have kids."

"But he's a nindroid...can't have kids." she said.

"Oh...can't you? You being a droid doctor and all that. Can't build your own kins. Pfft." He laughed stuffing his hands in his pockets.

It happened quickly and without warning. Danny fell to the ground. The taste in her mouth was metallic. She looked up at them. Her head racing. She rolled onto her back seeing Glass trying to fight them off only to get a lead pop on the back of his head. He crumpled to the ground. The five man looked down at Danny and smiled.

"Nice hair." One laughed picking her up. Danny tried to call out for help, but all she was able to do was moan before the her vision grew dark.

Dareth stretched and rolled right off the bed and into Zane. A loud pop echoed in the house. Dane lay there and stretch, popping his back panels.

"Geez you two...can't keep away from me lately huh?" He stood up and leaned forward popping his legs. Doing a few more stretches before he began to look around. "Hey Danny!" He called out noticing her not in the bed. He saw the door open a little and walked outside. A car spun out and left the junkyard. "Oh no..." He looked around and spotted Glass on his chest. He ran over to him pulling him onto his back.

"Yo pops!" He called shoving him.

Glass sat straight up and started firing off a series of numbers that had no meaning. After a moment he snorted and looked around.

"Whoa...?" He rubbed the back of his head. "Ow...that hurt." He mumbled looking up at Dane. "They musta booked it." He said standing up with Danes help.

"They took her...didn't they?" He asked looking around at the retreating car down the dirt road.

"How did they find her?" Glass asked looking up at his creation.

"Theirs a chip...in the back of her head. Its probably got a locator on it." A voice said from the roof. Ronin climbed down.

"Where the hell were you?" Dane growled out, but not advancing on Ronin, he did make his displeasure known. "She's scared out of her wits and to top it all off..." He sighed looking up at Ronin. "I'm still not 100% finished healing so...this is going to take a lot of will power to go after them." He said looking down at his hands.

"But you are bound by the three laws Dane. You can not harm a human being."

"Who says I gotta harm anyone. I can get them out and not be noticed." He said straightening his shirt.

"Oh like that worked good the first time?" The voice made Dane cringe. He looked around at a motorcycle. Spencer lifted the viser and glared at him.

"So much...for being a hero huh Dane the Great." He cringed. The lady was right. He had no choice...but to save her, with everything he had. He promised her. He promised Danny.