The pack snarled at his suggestion, but Jasper stepped forward as he cleared his throat. Carlisle may not wish to throw Bella under a bus, but his loyalty now lay to the girl upstairs and not to the traitor he saw in front of him.

"Perhaps you should ask your love interest how your mate got into such a state," he spoke bluntly as he ignored Carlisle's warnings. Now was not the time to be invasive.

"What?" Jacob snapped.

Jasper continued. "We arrived here to see Miss Swan pacing, just having finished beating the shit out of your mate for a reason I am not aware of."

Jacob's growls and snarls continued to increase, furious that his mate was in the condition that she was. It could have been avoided, he knew that, and the fact it was Bella who had been the cause of his mates beating only seemed to make his hate for the girl increase. He hadn't liked what she had turned into, her being selfish and ungrateful, but now this was on a whole other level.

She had gone too far this time.

"He's lying," Bella instantly tried to defend herself. "Why would I hurt Brooke?" she played the innocent card.

It was when Jacob gave no signs of believing a word that she was saying that she finally realised that she was in way over her head. She didn't know what was going to happen to her because of her lack of control over her anger and emotions but she knew that it would be anything but good.

Five Days Later

Brooke pursed her lips as she felt the cool fingers press gently at the side of her head, trying to ignore the constant rumbling of a growl as she did so. Ever since she had awakened after being attacked by Bella Jacob had been hounding her, never letting her out of his sight for even a moment. She had once again drawn the line at him watching her pee, though there wasn't really that much of a line since she knew he stood by the bathroom door, ready to burst in any minute encase something went wrong. It had started off sweet, but now it was more than a tad irritating.

"Jacob," she sighed as his growling grew louder when Carlisle reached for a small pair of long, thin scissors. "Can you pleasegive him so god damn space?" she hissed. She was nervous enough as it was without her mate adding to her distress.

She knew it was the fact Carlisle was a vampire and that he was so close to her wasn't settling down well with his wolf, but did that really mean that he had to flood the room with loud growls which seemed to vibrate off every surface?

"He is fine," was the flat reply she got.

She rolled her eyes. "I know he may be, but I am not comfortable with him being so close to my face with a pair of sharp scissors with you growling over his shoulder," she huffed.

Thankfully, it seemed to do the trick as the growling stopped and he took a reluctant step back. She shot him a bright smile full of relief as Carlisle went to work snipping off her stitches while Jacob watched silently, his eyes never removing themselves from her own.

As soon as the last stitch had been carefully removed Brooke instantly found herself in Jacob's arms, wrapped in his strong muscles as she breathed in his scent. She loved how he smelled, especially after he had come back from patrol since the earthy scent misted with his own was intoxicating.