They weren't that desperate.

It wasn't long until everyone had a heavy slice, moans erupting around before Brooke caught sight of both Collin and Brady looking over with sad eyes. She knew that they were friends with Seth, but since he had come into his heritage he hadn't been able to hang around with them as much. They were only a year younger than him after all.

"Why don't you invite your friends over, Seth?" she asked as she pointed over to them.

Seth pouted. "I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because they're not pack," Embry answered with his mouth full. "Can't socialise with members who aren't pack just encase."

"But they're going to be," Brooke frowned, confused.

It was at that Seth naturally seemed to turn to face Jacob, feeling the instinct to do so as he looked at his beta, his soon to be alpha, with wide and hopeful eyes. Brooke followed his gaze as she looked at her mate, her own gaze resembling that of a puppy dog making his defences crash within seconds,

"Fine," he sighed. "Go get them."

Shock seemed to freeze him in his place before he grinned and hurriedly moved across the canteen, having a word with a stunned duo before they grinned wide. It was clear they were stunned, but they eagerly followed him.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Quil asked concerned, for once not joking around.

Jacob shrugged. "Me and Sam have been talking, we think it would be bets to clue them into what they will become."

"Really?"

"Yep," Jacob nodded before both Collin and Brady nervously approached the rest of the pack. Brooke was first to introduce herself which wasn't a surprise in the least.

"Collin and Brady, right? Here, have some cake" she spoke brightly, as if she wasn't sure. Jacob shook his head with a grin.

It didn't take long for them to be soon settled in, the rest of the pack present finding that the young boys fit into their group quite well which was probably a good thing considering that they would soon be stuck with the lot of them. They all smirked at the thought, mentally betting what the kids reactions would be when they found out.

"What's up with you, Paul?" Leah suddenly asked when she took note of how the past womaniser was squirming in his seat in a very un-like him manner. "Seriously," she continued when he didn't reply. "What's with the squirming?"

Paul grinned. "I really want Brooke to give Seth his present, it rocks" he confessed.

Jacob looked down at where his mate was perching on his lap. "What'd you get him?"

Brooke grinned, searching in her bag that he hadn't even realised she had until that moment. She pulled out a small rectangular box, decorated in a bright ribbon. Lying on the table she pushed it over to a stunned Seth.

"You didn't have to get me anything," he tried to say, but took the gift with excitement. He really wanted to know what Brooke got him. "Can I open it now?"

Brooke grinned, but Paul cut her off before she could reply. "Yes! Open it the fuck now!"

Shaking his head Jacob smirked as he saw the stunned expressions of both Collin and Brady as the both of them stared at Paul openly. He knew why. Paul was meant to be a hard ass, and yet here he was jumping in his seat like a pre-teen girl. He smirked.