They had very loud plumbing.

"I know, I know" Jacob growled out, "it's just….uh!" he snapped when he found himself getting frustrated.

"Well it's your life son, but I don't want you upsetting Brooke since I do actually want grandkids" was all Billy said causing Jacob to stutter with a blush, coughing awkwardly before trying unsuccessfully not to appear affected as much as he was.

"It's a bit early for that isn't it?" he spluttered out, running a hand through his hair due to his nervous habit.

"Maybe so, but if that girl castrates you for hanging out so much with Bella I won't be getting any" Billy muttered before wheeling to the sink to wash up his mug, Jacob not having the time to reply as Brooke came plodding out the bathroom with a blank expression on her pretty face.

Shit.

"Morning Billy," she greeted smiling as she walked over to give him a peck on the cheek.

"Morning dear, sleep well?" Billy grinned, pleased as a punch that his son was actually dating someone that he approved of.

"Yep," she smiled. "You got any plans for the weekend?"

"Charlie will be round in a few minutes, going fishing" Billy smiled at the girl, watching as she was already hunting through the cupboards on her tippy toes.

"You had breakfast then?" she asked curiously as before she hopped up on the counter before she knelt up to reach the top shelf with a effort on her part.

"Not yet, we normally just skip it" Billy admitted, hearing her 'tut' causing him to shake his head in amusement.

"Nonsense, breakfast is the most important meal of the day" she stated before squealing when her knee slipped on the counter. Shutting her eyes as she prepared herself for the impact, only for a pair of warm arms to catch her only moments after she had made a sound of distress.

Opening her eyes she found herself gazing into her mates concerned brown ones, her lips not being able to help but pull into a smile as she patted him on the cheek in thanks.

"Really Brooke, I'm fine-" Billy tried again, watching as his son helped her down from the counter before easily reaching for the things she was after.

"So if I take the time and effort to make breakfast for everyone you won't eat it?" was all Brooke stated as she raised a brow in his direction.

Billy hated to admit it but she had him there, he would never turn down her cooking and he doubted that there were a lot of people who would.

"You've got me" he grinned, seeing her smile smugly before getting out a bowl and instantly cracking some eggs into it.

It was only a few minutes later that Jacob heard Charlie's police cruiser pull up outside his house, his sensitive sense of smell clueing him in to the fact that Bella was also with him.

He sighed; let his personal hell begin.

Hearing the knock at the door he pulled himself out of his seat before going to answer it, smiling when he took note of Charlie as the copper grinned in his direction. Fishing always seemed to bring out the positive emotions in both Charlie and his father he thought; they made sure to never miss a week.