h i m

Sunday 8th April

13:09

Nerezza hadn't attended her session with me on Friday

Nerezza hadn't attended her session with me on Friday. But I dismissed it because Lawson told me of her phone call and I knew she must be taking time alone. It was better for me, because during that day and yesterday I was able to conclude more research on the investigation.

The file helped immensely. It contained the records of the DNA found on scene and the people present. While there wasn't anything on the mysterious guy from that night, there were other interesting clues that the police were too oblivious to notice.

The first being that though the bodies were breathing, after they were killed for good there seemed to be fresh bruises on both of their necks. I noticed it from looking at the pictures of them presumed dead, in comparison to the one after they were pronounced dead.

My guess is that the police must've thought it was from before and didn't look too deep into it, which heightens my suspicion on that guy that Andrew was talking about.

The second clue was the hand print on Nerezza's parents shirts. It was bloodied and could've passed off as Andrew's hands, but it was slightly smaller and thin, Andrew's hands were large and calloused. It was also big enough to class as a males and not Nerezza's print.

Wow, I could become a Crime Scene Investigator at this point, I'm clearly doing the job they should've done last year.

Luckily I took the photo to a forensic scientist to see if they could pull up a match on their data web. I am currently waiting for their call.

This call could change everything, if it turns out to be someone else then we'll have to arrest them and pardon Nerezza and Andrew for the crimes they were accused of. Andrew would only be charged with the petty crimes he committed before the murder, seeing as they looked into his file they would've found something. Nerezza would be charged with physical assault as her mum did not actually attack her, but she will only be jailed for a year at most.

This is only if the call tells us that it was indeed someone else.

My pocket starts to vibrate and my hands snakes into my jeans to retrieve my phone. I accept the call and bring it up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello Mr Lennox, the forensic scientists that you requested to investigate the photo of Stacey and Marcus Manius, on the night of 16th February 2017, have the final results." A smooth female voice speaks out, I bite my lip in anticipation.

"Yes, what are the results?" I ask anxiously.

"I'm afraid it is concerning an investigation, thus meaning that it's confidential. You'll have to come to the lab to collect the results." My mouth forms a round shape as I internally smack my head for being stupid.