"Yes, I know about your friends." She taunts, disapprovingly, quickly deflating Izzy.

"I can help. I know how to talk to Seelie's." Izzy insists, seemingly determined to not be walked over by mother, yet still maintaining the level of respect that she always has. My mother never did well with someone challenging her authority.

Unless it was Jace; then it was helpful.

"She's right. She can visit with Meliorn and see what he knows." Jace says, stepping forwards to indirectly plead with my mother to give Izzy a chance, and from the slight thawing I can tell she had fallen straight for it.

"I could go with her if you want." I say, hoping that my mother isn't so upset that she would make Izzy go alone. "I'd rather Jace goes along this time." She replies stoically, turning her gaze to me.

"Alec, you stay with the Fairchild girl."

My mother turns her head disapprovingly to Clary, irritation and judgement in her eyes. "I want her under control. She's caused enough trouble already."

"Maybe that's because I wasn't even a Shadowhunter until a few days ago!" Clary defends, stepping forwards, with a confused expression and a seemingly defeated mannerism.

My mother ignores Clary's words, before swiftly raising her brow, her eyes baring around the institute, seemingly suspicious. "Where is the other Fairchild girl?" She asks harshly, and we all quickly stiffen in place, anticipating the question yet not being prepared to answer.

"She's- She left" Izzy mutters, and immediately my mothers exhales furiously, snapping her gaze between us all. "What do you mean, 'she left'?" She asks calmly, her face perplexed and body language appearing more frustrated.

"Camilla found out about Valentine and was- overwhelmed" I say, slowly, not revealing too much. "She couldn't handle it and left, no one could convince her otherwise". My mother sighs distressed, before rubbing her temple with annoyance.

"Find her" She orders, "Once Jace and Izzy return from the Seelie's mission, Alec you are too find the girl"

"Her name's Camilla" I say hoarsely, seemingly surprising my mother as she eyes narrow down at me. I, however, don't look away I usually would and rather stare also. The others seemed shocked at my outburst too, all of them eyeing me side wards, questioning my defensiveness.

I wasn't going allow my mother to walk over Camilla as if she didn't matter, the least she deserved after everything was some respect.

"Very well Alec, find Camilla Fairchild and get her back to the institute" My mothers says, before with one last frown turning on her heel and walking off, a surprised Izzy and Jace following directly behind her.

***

"Looks like we're stuck with each other." Clary says, her voice quiet and meek, a demeanour she's been keeping with me recently. I grab the two bamboo sticks from the weapons drawer at the side of the training room, before walking over and handing one to Clary.

Despite the coldness and openness of the room itself, the air still felt smothering, the unresolved tension between Clary and I making the situation uncomfortable.

"Go ahead. Knock me on my ass. You'll feel better." Clary says, with a small smile, her stick coming upwards at her hand and I feel my insides twist, the moment of me teaching Camilla to hold her stick playing on my mind.

Guess that was my punishment for hurting her.

"Don't make me say you're right about something." I say with an eye roll, before glancing down at her structured body language, "Plant your feet wide."