Chapter 18

As I uncover my eyes from underneath the covers, I heard the gentle tapping of raindrops against my bedroom window. These were my favorite kind of days were I didn't have to feel bad about not leaving my house. I get up and rub my knuckles onto my eyes. 

I walked downstairs and found Nicholas sitting on the couch, sipping a cup of coffee.

"Good morning, Arie." He greeted me.

"Good morning." I greeted back and sat next to him on the couch. 

Aaron brought me a hot chocolate with whipped cream and small glittery marshmallows.

He sat on the wooden chair next to the couch. "Thank you, Aaron." He replied to my thank with a beautiful smile.

"I'm in a relationship with Shelly." Nicholas spoke out of no where topic.

I smiled. "I know it, Nick." I smiled again.

"It was one of the reasons why I am here. I wanted you to know about it." He said, smiling.

"I am happy for you Nicholas." I placed my hot chocolate on the table and gave a big bear hug to Nicholas. He too wrapped his strong arms around me.

"Can I join?" Aaron asked, smiling.

"Yess, puppy." I said. 

Aaron too joined our hug and we cuddled on the couch. It was so much amazing to have them around me. Nicholas and Aaron are a gift from God, to make me happy and safe.

I was on Nicholas and Aaron was on me. We were laughing and laughing. I had no idea how I made my mind to be like this when my mom's dead, my brother is on Coma and my lover is their killer.

"I love you guys." I said, hugging them tightly.

"Love you, too." They said together.

"By the way, Ariel." Aaron spoke loosing his arms around me. "We have to go to the police."

                                                                                                *

Ethan's black car stopped at my garden. He then got out of the car and opened the passenger's seat to make mum come out of the car. It was a surprise Ethan's body guard was absent.

"Why isn't the bodyguard present?" A police officer asked.

"He usually doesn't come to my place with a bodyguard." I replied.

The footages of the the CCTV camera at the living room enlarged on the screen. The living room door was half open. The police officer paused the video.

"Why is the door opened?" The police officer asked. I could not gather words for an answer.

Instead Aaron answered the question. "Alexander doesn't have a habit of closing doors."

"Why is that?" He asked.

Aaron took a deep sigh, looked into my eyes and then turned the gaze toward the police officer.

"He's a dug addictive." I got shocked. "He usually comes home after in taking so much of drugs."

The police officer resumed the video. I looked at Aaron, he knew it was terrible answer. 

Ethan opens the door and enters into the house with mum. It seems they were talking about something, maybe they were blaming me for keeping the door opened. House lights were on, they slowly moved into the center of the house. Alex was sleeping on the ground, next to the huge wooden sofa.

Ethan's face turns red as he saw Alex sleeping on the ground. He pushed Alex and hit several times from his leg. Alex woke up, it seems like he was unconscious, he rubbed his eyes and turned his head at several directions. Ethan was shouting at him while mum was was watching them shocked.  

Alex got up from the ground still not noticing Ethan, Alex was looking some where else. After few short minutes he tried to walk upstairs but Ethan hit him fro the glass vase on my table. Alex fell on the ground, we watched the footages silently.

Ethan was shouting at him, mum was also telling something to Ethan maybe she was trying to stop Ethan. While mum was talking with Ethan, Alex took the knife on the fruit basket on glass table near the couch. Ethan saw it, he pushed mum away and went to Alex. And then Alex stabbed Ethan mum tried to stop him and he stabbed mum too.

                                                                                                   *

I entered into Ethan's room, the doctor phoned us and informed Ethan opened his eyes. He could hear us but still he cannot react. I sat on the small chair next to his bed. I smiled and touched his hand, it was cold.

"Ethan, I'm so happy to see you. The doctor said you would recover within another couple of months." I paused and sighed.

"The police found the CCTV footages, I saw everything." Tears began to pour down from my eyes, Ethan was watching me in silence.

"I'm sorry Ethan, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I lied to you, he was with me in my house in the last few weeks."

I cried. "I'm sorry Ethan but what to do? I love him, he's my everything."

"I still believe this isn't his fault. I'm such a stupid woman I cannot see the truth, I'm blind because of love."

"I love him Ethan, I love him if he comes to me again I would accept him. He's a drug addictive, he posted my nude photos, he killed my mother he stabbed you but still I love him."

"Maybe it's because this is my first love."

"I'm blind, I'm deaf. He's the only thing I see, the only thing I hear."

"What can I do? The monster in me loves."

"He's my whole world Ethan, I love him." I cried more harder than ever. This is the first time I've ever cried in front of him. I know if he wasn't in Coma he would have so much to tell me but his eyes and his touch spoke them all.

"We did mum's funeral. When you woke let's walk to her together."

After crying for so long, I smiled like an idiot.

"You must not all responsibilities, let's share them. I'll take control of the business, I promise you I'll definitely make success like you."

"Find a girl and settle down, make a lot of children. I'll too get married after you and make so many kids. That's what always wanted to play with our kids. Let's visit mum with our kids, so she can play with them." I was flooding.

I smiled again. "I'm so lucky I have Ethan and Nicholas."

"Ethan" I holded both his hands together. "I love you, brother."

I kissed his cheek and left the room.