Chapter 04

The smooth, brown milk created, a contrast with the mug that lay on the table with Alexander's. The lustrous texture, topped with chocolate crumbles outdated the effect created by the coffee beans which themselves outside the mug, begging to be crushed! The vibrant aroma seem to have extricated itself from the thick, cream coating over the surface, penetrating deep into my nose, watering my mouth.

"You Know when I get drunk" He spoke from nowhere, breaking the silence and making me break my date with coffee so I could not possibly understand what he was talking about.

"Ah?" I asked surprisingly.

His face turned into a disappointed expression.

"I'm" he broke his voice "I'm talking about last night" He spoke looking at his coffee.

"Oh! Oh it's okay I really don't care" I said but that isn't hundred percent true, I really cared what Happened last night. I really wished he had done it by intention.

He nodded and took his first sip of the coffee. After him I too took a sip. I had thousands of questions to ask but I tried to be polite and silent.

He was looking at me, I noticed but I looked out from the glass window and after seconds I took another sip. He was silent and watching me. I had no choice but to look into his beautiful pearl eyes.

"Hey" I smiled warmly to avoid his unwanted attention on me.

He watched me for few seconds, got up and went away. I watched him from the glass window, he got into his pure white BMW and stayed inside. I didn't hurry I had my coffee smoothly to give him time and I wanted to see weather he'll leave without me.

I slowly finished my coffee and came out of the cafe, I went pass his car, I heard his car horn but I ignored and then I heard his voice.

"Ariel" I turned back to look, he was standing beside his white horse. How elegant he looks, next to a white horse dressed in pure black, I thought to myself.

"Get in" He said and went inside his car. I obeyed him. I had no choice but to obey, because I don't know this area very much and that would be hard for me to find my way back home. And also I needed to know what is wrong with him.

Silence was overflowing throughout the ride we won't take minutes to go to my place. For the first time I broke the silence.

"You are different" I whispered.

He didn't reply, I waited for minutes, he didn't reply. I was such a fool to talk to him when I knew he would not answer.

After long minutes he replied and by then we were almost home.

"Why?" He asked, parking the car in my house garden.

"You are different" I repeated, much louder this time.

"Why?" He too repeated with his cute, sweet smile.

"You change instantly." I replied looking at him.

"I don't change" He replied and opened his  car door to get out.

"You change" I obstructed him.

"No" he replied again and got out of the car, the closing of his door banged like a bomb in my heart. I too got out of the car. I didn't want to end up that conversation.

"You change" I repeated.

He was furious, his eyes focused on mine, dangerously. "You change me" he replied.

I stopped, I could not to do anything but give him a little chuckle. I change him? What was that?

"I change you? How?" I asked, smiling from a corner of my tiny lips.

As usual he watched me for few seconds and got back into his car.

"You are running away" I yelled, I'm sure he heard that.

He started his engine and raced to the road and within seconds he was gone.No study, no work. I took a quick shower and spent the rest of the day thinking about the evening.

What is he? Why is he so strange? Is he in love with me? No way. So many questions to be answered. I took my phone and travelled through Instagram. I haven't updated my account since the day I left them, it was even a headline. The Brandy daughter gives a pause to social media. Is everything okay with the Brandy's? I smiled deeply when reading the posts, news and headlines. I went to the search bar and searched ALEXANDER BROWNS. There came his account. 2.3 million followers, I smiled I have 20.9 million followers. I scrolled through the posts to find something about him. According to his account, I learnt he has a sister and that she runs the business presently.

And then,

I heard the sound of a vehicle parking in my garden, I ran to the door and opened the door. It was Alexander. Snakes went through my nerves, dragons in my stomach and butterflies in my mind. He walked toward me, it was like a movie scene, he walked with slow motion and wind made his hair flip. He was close enough to me.

"Can I come in?" He asked, his voice calm and sweet. The way I always wanted.

I saw Shelly and her party friends watching us from next door.

"Yes" I replied and made way for him to come in and closed the door.

We walked into the living room in my huge, lonely house. As we walked he grabbed me hard from my hand and leaned me to wall.

I was surprised and blushing. "What are doing?"

He sighed deeply I felt his warm like a hot furnace.

"I love you" He whispered.

"What?" I laughed, he never ever fell in love, he just mess around.

His lips brushed mine. Not innocently, like a tease but hot, fiery, passionate and demanding. I want to pull away before I lose myself but I can't seem to...In this minty moment, my senses have been seduced and I can no longer think straight. "Ariel" he whispers slowly, prolonging each letter as if to savor them. I smile, my heart fluttering at his voice as I clasp my hands on either side of his face. Never before has my name ever felt so wonderful a one, I think, as I lean in for another...

"I love you" He whispered again, not stopping the kiss, he put his arms around my waist while my fingers played with his soft hair. What am I doing? I thought. we continued the kiss for long minutes. He stopped and breathed faster, my heart was even faster, I watched him, he was sweating, I smiled lightly. He noticed I was smiling. Unexpectedly, his hand drifted to my hip. It settled there and pulled me closer. I inhaled sharply. I was against his warm chest, chiseled to perfection. Must he be so perfect? I splayed my hand against it, intending to push him away, but instead I left it there. His breathing quickened as did mine. He began nuzzling my neck with delicate kisses. So faint, they were whispers. I urged myself to push away, but couldn't. My limp body began to tremble uncontrollably. His head was angled slightly to the side as his lips came closer and closer to mine. I was surprised to find my own lips parted. Our breaths mingled. My heart fluttered inside my chest. At first, it was a delicate butterfly of a kiss. Then his arms encircled me.