Chapter 09

The city was a vast, intricate, labyrinth of noisy, streets and alleys. You could hear the incessant honking of the vehicles even before the sun rose. Impatient businessmen who had to get to the office, mothers who had to leave their children at their schools, facing the puzzling challenge of navigating through the crowd of parents and children; even some of the teachers who had stopped at the local bakery to get a bagel or two before their morning classes. After every person had reached their respective destination, the traffic congestions cleared significantly as if humongous snakes had eaten their fills and were retracting back into their dark and eerie caves. Walking down the street, I could smell the fresh batch of sweet and spicy rolls being baked for the lunch hour rush. To me,it was a clear sign of the city slowly waking up. I anticipated to see what the new day would bring for everyone, new tenders, business proposals, math homework, even hope.

Ethan asked to send a vehicle to drive me back to my home, London. Now I am very positive about my decision. I was not happy to leave Los Angeles, my city of pain. I waited him to phone but he didn't, I waited him to message him, I waited him to visit me, and then .......

One day ago,

My thoughts were playing a drama in my head, I was confused, I was stressed. The breeze was cooling my burning mind, I watching Nicholas leaving the house from my window. Nicholas was such a good friend, I thought. He stands with me, strong. Why on earth didn't I fall in love with him? I chuckled under my breathe, what am I thinking?

A car light hit my eyes, my vision blurred in the dark night but I was strong enough to understand the car, it was Alexander's. My heart stopped, I slightly closed the window and watched him from a corner without letting him see him.

My happiness was overflowing, YES! he's coming to see weather I am okay. I smiled like an idiot, I am madly in love with him. The car fastly spun to next door garden, he got out of his fancy car, dressed like a superstar, handsome as ever. A white plain shirt tucked into his black, patch denim. He entered Shelly's house.

Alexander always said I loved him like a hurricane. He was right. When he passed I cried with more violence than any gale. Not to have him right here was a torture to my soul. I didn't break quietly, it was like every atom of me being screamed in unison, traumatized that I should exist without him. When the wracking sobs passed I cried in such a desolate way that no-one could bare to listen for long. I had gone from gregarious to hanging by a thread, a transformation no-one knew how to reverse.

I cried as if my brain was being shredded from the inside. Emotional pain flowed out of my every pore. From my mouth came a cry from so raw that even the eyes of the strangers around us were suddenly wet with tears. I grabbed onto a chair so that my violent shaking would not cause me to fall and from my eyes came a thicker flow of tears than I had cried for even my own father the previous year. The whole world had vanished for me, now there was only pain enough to break me, pain enough to change me beyond recognition.

Present.

I walked in to the Brandy's, glamorous and breathtaking. Every inch perfectly built, I could not believe this much of a huge chance within several months. Ethan was the best to carry out the business, in his charge the Brandy's earned a huge success but the only disadvantage was every single mistake of our's would be a new headline.

I saw a well dress middle aged lady coming toward me with quick steps. I waited for her to achieve me.

"Madam, Mr. Brandy is waiting for you at his lobby." I followed her steps to my brother's office room, in which a label as 'The CEO" was pasted.

A beautiful face. Well defined, with a sharp jaw and angular cheekbones. The complexion of his skin going well with his ocean-like eyes. He looked down for a moment, pouring himself a drink and bringing the alcohol to his lips. The burning sensation pouring down his throat, creating a warm feeling deep inside of his stomach. He was waiting for me to arrive, impatiently.

I have to admit my brother is the dream man of millions of girls, His face was strong and defined, his features molded from granite. He had dark eye brows, which sloped downwards in a serious expression. His usually playful smile had drawn into a hard line across his face. His perfect lips ripe for words.

"Arie" His voice was deep with a serious tone.

I ran into his arms and hugged him tight, I was such an idiot to leave my family just because of a tiny, stupid family problem. My running away caused everything, every danger came into my life just because of that. The only good thing in Los Angeles was Nicholas, I was so much lucky to have a friend like him.

"I missed you" He sighed deeply, his warm breathe hit my face.

I was about to break down in tears after the consequences of running away from them and my disappointment about pain and suffer it caused me.

"Hey, pretty it's over" He hugged me tightly, again.

We sat across the sofa, facing each other with a lot comfort to be back home.

"We are opening up a new clothing brand" He paused, passing me a leaflet, 'Sporty'

"A sporting cloth collection" He continued, his voice steady, being more professional.

"I need you to model it" He smiled under his breathe, "Hence you are super famous these days, it would help success" 

"Ethan" I spoke louder, stronger, furiously.

"Hey, I was just kidding" He gently patted my shoulder.

He came closer to me, holding me tight. "Mum is waiting for you. The photo shoot is planned for tomorrow. Go and rest, let's start work tomorrow."