Chapter Thirteen-Rescuing

"The cuts healed but the heart didn't. Why would they? My heart's not that strong afterall."

-D.N.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The castle shook to it core, everyone was startled nobody knew what had happened. But Alexis knew, she felt it in her bones, she can feel every demon's fear crawling back in, she felt her blood getting warm again, her fading heartbeat coming back to life.

All because her brother was here. The higher Angel's power radiating inside the enchanted dungeons walls started to make her twitch. Her wings begging for her to release them. She would have released them if she didn't knew better.

she was still in the chains yes she was powerful enough to break them but she didn't know at what price. The cursed items always needs unlocking by a charm and she was no enchantress. 

she quietly turned to have a look at Harry's face. But it was blank, no expressions, his mask was in place again which only meant one thing that he could also sense the amazing power that was in the surrounding. He looked sharp ready to attack anyone at any sudden moment. She also looked at Liam.

He was wide awake now his face giving away his relief that he also sensed the presence of her brother and his best friend. His eyes sparkling again maybe hers were too but she has much more on her plate at the moment.

But Alexis was worried about one major thing.

she couldn't let Harry and Zayn to face each other a any cost especially not now, not until she figures out a way out of this mess.

And  if the prophecy is actually true then this world will end and everything she was fighting for to save will be lost forever. 

She did not enter this war to kill demons for the fun of it like most of the other angels. She joined the war because she wanted to prevent the bloodshed done by them demons on Earth. She loved humans she really did. She really liked the way how their minds works. Oh and their inventions, she was definitely a fan of their little machinery not all of them but some, like the music player and the instruments that played music and the usual stuff. 

She liked the pure aura human babies emit until they start developing a conscience. The humming sounds of their angelic hearts developing inside their mother's wombs. She liked the way human girls blush at the sight of their lover. She liked the way a father worked hard the whole day in sweat no matter how cold or hot it is just to provide for his family. She liked the way they were so passionate about little things in life like mothers trying to take a photograph of their children just to keep them as a reminder of the happy memories they had shared when the same kids grow old. She liked the way crickets sings at night when the sky is clear. The strong wind, the smell of the ocean, the aroma of coffee, the moon and the rays of sun touching the horizon. 

But if she does not do something right this moment things can go very wrong.

She cleared her throat. Everyone turned in her direction.

"Can anyone tell me what is going on?" smooth she thought to herself.

"Yeah what the hell is going on?" Harry yelled at the guards.

Shaking one of the guard came forward and said, "The castle is under attack my King we don't know about the attackers but our comms stopped working."