"Perfect for extortion, manipulation, power brokering, yeah sounds like the shadows." Artemis said cutting Red arrow off.

"Like you know anything about the shadows." Wally chuckled at Artemis.

She looked back at him from the corner of her eye, smirking.

"Who are you?!" Wally asked even more frustrated.

"Roquette's working on a virus to render the fog inert."

"But if the shadows know she can do that," Robin started.

"They'll target her." Red arrow finished. "Right now she's off the grid. I stashed her at the local high schools computer lab."

"You left her alone?" Green arrow asked concerned.

"She's safe enough for now." He reassured him.

"Then let's you and I keep her that way." Green arrow said walking up to him.

"You and I? Don't you want to take your new protégé?" He said snarky.

Batman steeped up to Green arrow putting a hand on his shoulder.

"You brought this to the team it's their mission which means it's hers now too."
~

I sat in a tree, on a branch that surrounded the school that Doctor Roquette was placed at, hidden in the darkness, making sure the area in my view range was clear.

"Everyone online?" Kaldur asked once Megan set up a psychic link.

"Agh this is weird." Artemis said.

"And distracting." The doctor added. "Coding a distributed algorithm virus on a kitty computer with less ram than a wrist watch is hard enough, but now I have to hear teen think in my skull." She complained.

"Correction, not all of us are teens and we're here to help." I told her sincerely.

"Yea, Lady do you always complain when someone tries to help you?" Wally asked.

"Pot, kettle, have you met?" Artemis teased.

"Hey hey, I do not need attitude from the newbie who drove red arrow off the team." Wally said back.

"That is so not on me." She said back.

"Fate of the world, at stake." The doctor intervened.

"She started it." Wally said.

"Arguing isn't doing any good for anyone." I said rolling my eyes.

Doctor Roquette went online to track the fog sending her location to the Shadows. I stood on high alert looking for anything suspicious.

Once they got the Fogs location Aqualad readied Robin and Superboy to track it on the Bioship.

Once Robin and Suerboy were in pursuit the telepathic line was finally quiet. Until it wasn't.

"You embarrassed superboy." Miss Martian told Artemis.

"Didn't hear him say that."

"Must you challenge everyone?" Miss M said as I saw something moving in the darkness. I couldn't place a solid object though, not until I saw someone hop the fence.

"Where I come from, that's how you survive." Artemis shot back at her.

"Guys, someone hopped the fence." I told them flying over to where I saw the person, but they were gone. Miss M and Artemis ran over to me to see nothing there. "They were just here.." I said.

"Kid stay on high alert, do a perimeter check around the hall." Aqualad told Kid flash, but never got a response back. "Kid.. kid..."

Artemis, Miss M and I rushed into the building. As we were running to Aqualad's aid Miss M stopped and went the other way. "You guys go, I'll catch up soon." She told us.

Artemis and I ran into the room to see Kaldur fighting a woman with a white mask. I created a black energy construct and held her hand back, but she threw a blade at me piercing my arm, making me drop her.

"Ahh." I groaned as Artemis helped me up.

"You okay kid?" She asked. I nodded holding my arm.

She had Aqualad on the floor about to stab him when Artemis shot an arrow at her knocking the blade out of her hand.

"Don't. Move." She said with an arrow ready to shoot.

"Well this is getting interesting." She said.

Aqualad got up with his weapons ready.

I readied an energy blast right as Miss M and Kid flash ran in the room surrounding her.

"Maybe a little too interesting." She said throwing down a smoke bomb just as Kid flash ran through it to but failing to get her, making him trip up and land right on Artemis.

"Gone." He said after backing away from Artemis.

"She's getting away! You're letting her get away!" Dr.Roquette yelled out.

"This is all your fault! You were on perimeter! How'd that shadow get in?!" He yelled at Artemis.

"That's not really fair, Midnight and I were outside too." Miss M told him.

"Outside.. being distracted by her! Besides I can't be mad at you." He smiled at her. "You gave me mouth to mouth." He said telepathically.

"We heard that!" We all said in unison.

"Dangit!" He walked off.

I used an energy construct to wrap around my cut. I've seen my dad do it a few times when ever he'd get hurt during a fight.

"Focus everyone." Kaldur got our attention. "The shadows will be back."

"Robin to Aqualad." The com link spoke. "We're over Philadelphia. We've located the Shadows next target. Star labs. We're too late. It's destroyed. Totally destroyed. The fog decimated it. This is bad. Star labs is cutting edge science, now their secrets is in the hands of the enemy. What's our next move?" Robin asked.

We all looked at Aqualad for a response.

"Re scan for that fog, find it." He told the Roquette. "We're moving the doctor."