(Fanfiction of Main Character) 𝕿𝖗𝖚𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊

Poetry is in Italics

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up." - Neil Gaiman

Jennie POV

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

I bang my head against the desk in my office.

I told a girl I had just met my life story, which I have been trying to forget for the past 6 years.

I don't know what came over me. I felt the need to express myself. I felt like she could help. I felt like she would understand having a parent who was an addict. My mother was a liquor addict just like her dad was a crack addict. She's lucky he didn't sleep around and at least remembered he had a daughter.

I remember her mother. My dad loved her. They were arranged to marry one another, but she ran away. My dad fell in love again this time with my mom. They married and had me. I remember the warmth of my childhood. I relive every one of my earliest memories. I miss my mom, but at the same time I don't.

My dad was the only one who was really there for me. He was my best friend, my brother, my mother, my father, and everything I ever needed. I relied on him heavily, but when he passed away it was a blow to my heart. It was as if fate was taunting me showing how fucked up love is.

Kyung Mi POV

After hearing Jennie's heart wrenching past, I hid in my bed just trying not to cry. Not having parents is like not having two pillars to keep you up. I lost one when I was young so I vaguely know what it's like, but Jennie's tale was worst. I feel that she turned cold and fierce due to the obstacle life threw her way. Her dad took on both roles of a parent. He must have been a great man. In the picture, I recall how Jennie's eyes were glittering with mischief and joy. Now behind those eyes all that remains is a haunted past.

I sit on my bed trying to come up with poetry to let out my emotions.

True Love by Author-nim

If I can't find you shelter,

I'll give you my body to use as one.

If your tears start to flood,

I'll give you my shoulder

If I can't give you comfort,

I'll give you my heart

If I can't give you my heart,

I'll give you my body

If I can't love you,

Then I'll never love anyone else

Who am I?

I'll give you a hint

My heart belongs to you

And only you

My Sun

My Moon

My Star

Mine

As I am yours

My Heart is yours to command

My Queen

I sit back satisfied with my work. I write the same poem on 4 different sheets of paper. I fold the notes and carefully attach it to Jennie, Chae, Lisa, and Jisoo's door knobs.

I smile and giddily run back to my room. I cuddle into my blankets and wait till Jisoo comes and calls us down for Breakfast. We never finished and poor Chae and Jisoo had to clean up for the mess me and Jennie had made while pulling each other's hair. They should call us down any minute now.

"Kyung Mi, Jennie! Come down now! Try not to make a mess again!!"

I push the blankets down and hurriedly run downstairs. I see Jennie come downstairs with the note tucked between her fingers.

"I don't know who made this, but thank you. It means a lot to me," Jennie said in a voice devoid of emotion.

"What does it say?" Lisa questioned.

Jennie ...BLUSHED?! SHE FREAKING BLUSHED BECAUSE OF ME!!!!!

"That's for me to know and whoever made it to know, I'm going to go save it now," she said shyly.

Jennie headed upstairs while the other three girls looked around looking confused.

Snapping out of their daze they all began to ask different questions.

"Did Jennie just blush?"

"Was that Jennie?"

"Are my eyes playing tricks on me?"

"That must be an imposter!"

"There's no way that's Jennie!"

"OH MY GOD!!! SHE FUCKING BLUSHED!!!"

"That has to be the first time she's ever showed any emotions."

"Whoever made it deserves an award."

I secretly smile at the last one.